The purpose of the Product Development team is to commercialize product ready for a global market that is on trend, on costs, production ready and in a repeatable, scalable model.
- Assess product construction based on fabrics, trims and treatments and to build the Smart product to achieve the aesthetics and margin goals
- Call out any risks on quality, capability and capacity at the early development stage and escalate to supervisor
- Assess risks early to pull in CFT and QA expertise and work on solutions
- Obtain and apply an understanding of fact-based costing
- Come up with different cost options to achieve the business goals
- Coordinate for the design trip. E.g. Work with vendors on the newness, innovation and samples before the visitor trip. Post trip follow up with vendors. E.g. provide direction to merchandiser and vendors on the sample priority and costing ideas.
- Drive Calendars/GNG/CGL for new styles
- Participate the meeting with vendor for reviewing the details of the tech pack of meeting sample.
- Communicate with counterpart or design on the tech pack clarification.
- Work on costing details and price negotiation with vendors.
- Work closely with vendors on costing engineering.
- Fill in and review compliance questionnaires
- Facilitate the risk assessment meeting.
- Co-ordinate with cross functional teams including Fit approval and style duplications
- Call out any hurdles on the meeting samples for the brand meetings
- Update and tracking BOM
- Learn and work on enterprise software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Build manufacturing and product knowledge by spending time at the development centers and manufacturing sites
- 5+ years related experience in following up time and action
- Relevant capability in Product Development – costing, consumption, risk assessment, product development. Experience in intimate / swim is preferable
- Qualifications/experience in cost engineering or technical design would be an advantage
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Good command in spoken and written English and Chinese
- Certificate/Diploma or equivalent
Candidates not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All personal information will be treated as confidential and be used for recruitment purposes only.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.