KPMG is one of the leading audit practices in China and Hong Kong SAR. Forming part of KPMG’s audit practice, the Financial Services group, both locally and internationally has been growing rapidly in recent years, especially in China. The Financial Services line of business incorporates Banking & Finance, Insurance, Securities and Investment Management. This is a challenging and highly competitive market place offering considerable opportunity as clients expand their business not only in China but globally.
● Audit financial statements and group reporting packages in a variety of GAAP’s such as HKFRS, IFRS, US GAAP and other European local standards
● Work on other assurance engagements such as review engagements, SOX engagements, agreed-upon-procedure engagements and engagements relating to the reporting accountant for initial public offerings
● Supervise your engagement field team, including the completion of performance reviews and providing on-site training
● Act as the audit in-charge for larger clients to perform the briefing and lead the team to deliver the audit
● Maintain regular communication with the line manager, partner and client on issues and the progress of the engagement
● Qualified accountant with Financial Services audit experience with a major firm is preferred
● Strong technical skills and able to research accounting issues in a wide variety of GAAPs
● Strong business awareness and an ability to identify audit issues arising from commercial transactions
● Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin
● Team player, with the ability to multi-task, is flexible and can work under pressure
● Socially confident with good diplomacy and organisation skills
KPMG China operates in 25 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Hefei, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi’an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories, and have 219,000 people working in member firms around the world.