Opportunity in Asia Pacific Firm Management (“APAC FM")
APAC FM is the senior regional management team that partners with other business unit and functional area leaders in the region to lead various corporate initiatives and to execute the Firm’s strategy. APAC FM is also a thought partner for Morgan Stanley senior leadership globally to help drive the analysis and strategic thinking behind key decisions and discussions around the Firm’s top priorities.
APAC FM offers a unique opportunity to gain direct exposure to the Firm’s senior management, including Morgan Stanley’s Asia Pacific Co-CEOs and COO, country CEOs and COOs, and other business unit and functional area leaders in the region. As a member of the APAC FM team, you will participate in the development and execution of critical business decisions that drive Morgan Stanley’s strategic direction and profitability. You will also develop a solid understanding of Morgan Stanley’s various businesses in the region.
Your roles and responsibilities will vary by project, but typically include:
• Developing, leading or supporting the execution of strategic projects across the Firm’s businesses
• Identifying and evaluating strategic challenges facing the Firm and developing recommendations for senior management
• Partnering with team members from cross-business units and cross-functions to help drive forward initiatives
• Performing financial analysis, company valuation, due diligence, as well as leading or supporting commercial negotiations in acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures
• Spearheading analytics and synthesizing findings on APAC-wide and/or business unit-specific strategic and corporate development initiatives
• Evaluating business implications of and responses to global and regional regulatory changes
• Supporting the APAC Co-CEOs and APAC COO to lead and manage the business
• A minimum of 3(Associate) years of related work experience/expertise or 1 year (Associate) in a post-MBA role; candidates with more relevant experience may be considered for a Vice President
• Possess a strong career track record
• Relevant work experience considered to be consulting at a leading strategy consulting firm, investment banking at a top-tier bank, or corporate development/strategy at a top financial institution
• 2+ years working in financial services or on financial services projects
• Proficiency in MS PowerPoint and Excel modeling
• Asian languages is a bonus
• Possess a keen interest in financial institutions, corporate development, and strategy consulting
• Possess distinctive problem-solving, project management, analytical, and quantitative skills along with a sharp attention to detail
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills (written/verbal), with the ability to form effective working relationships quickly
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and can work effectively across multiple business units on multiple projects simultaneously
• Team player with a strong work ethic and are highly motivated to learn
• Ability to manage expectations and handle high-pressure situations
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.