We are now inviting applications for the following post in the Finance Unit:
Assistant Accounting Officer (Ref: 18000GS)
The appointee will be responsible for the day-to-day payroll and retirement scheme operations:
1. To process payroll accurately in a timely and confidential manner;
2. To prepare payroll related reconciliations and reports;
3. To participate in payroll closing and handle payroll related accounting;
4. To handle retirement scheme administration and taxation matters;
5. To maintain proper record keeping / filings;
6. To follow up on payroll enquiries;
7. To undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Finance or his delegate.
Applicants are required to possess the following:
1. Diploma or above in Accounting or related discipline and at least 5 subjects with Level 2 in HKDSE or equivalent, including English & Chinese languages and Mathematics;
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, e.g. EXCEL, ACCESS, etc.;
3. At least 3 years payroll and accounting related experience;
4. Experience in Oracle Finance System and Oracle Human Resources Management System (HRMS) will be an added advantage;
5. Well versed with Hong Kong Employment Ordinance and related legislations;
6. Good communication skills (in both Chinese and English, preferably including Putonghua);
7. Responsible, well-organized, attentive to details and independent; and
8. Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System.
Deadline: 28 May 2018
(Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisement posted in March 2018 need not re-apply.)
|Job ref no.||18000GS (CT3113078-01#0110)|
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, OUHK today has developed into a young, dynamic, full-fledged university. We began offering full-time face-to-face programmes since 2001 and currently have about 10,000 full-time and 9,500 part-time students in the five Schools at the OUHK with about 220 programmes of studies. In addition, there are about 2,000 full-time/part-time students studying in LiPACE.
The University strives to be a leader in providing open and flexible education to all, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time face-to-face programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong, and we are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.