Corporate Real Estate – Capital Projects and Workplace
Hang Seng’s Corporate Real Estate is a team of professionals managing a portfolio of over 2 million sq ft in Hong Kong used by thousands of staff to support millions of customers. Whether it is a customer entering a branch, or staff collaborating in an office, we can make their experience a positive one.
Working closely with business partners and external vendors, the team covers a wide range of real estate functions to manage the property lifecycle of Hang Seng’s operational and investment real estate portfolio. The team also provides collateral appraisal services to internal business users and asset management services to external customers.
Should you join our Corporate Real Estate function, you will be working with a highly talented, motivated and experienced team in an enjoyable and dynamic environment, where you will have opportunities to excel and develop yourself professionally as well as contribute to the success of the organisation.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Assistant Capital Project Manager (Capital Projects and Workplace).
- Report to Line Manager, this individual will support the Project Team for developing and maintaining effective strategies and solutions on projects to support business strategies and growth.
- To manage construction projects in respect of full and moderate-sized fitting-out, addition & alteration or reinstatement of Hang Seng’s retail outlets and bank-owned properties, etc.
- Drive and maintain retail renovation projects to ensure sustainability of an effective business environment in the bank in line with the business objectives on business growth, customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and safety.
- Liaise with business users for retail requirements to support growth and operational needs whilst ensuring optimization of retail outlets to align with business objectives and CRE priorities from business opportunity, customer friendly, safety and cost perspective.
- Work closely with the partnering vendors in the execution and reporting of all key change activities, including the development of programme, capital project costs, execution risks for given actions and other performance metrics.
- Oversight on KPIs and reporting to ensure performance of the partnering vendors and contractors.
- Plans effectively around delivery constraints and optimises the plan to maximise benefits and minimise risk. Develops the plan within constraints, considering the delivery approach, key milestones and dependencies within the plan, requirements and scope, effort and resources, budgets and quality.
- Ensure that all control measures relevant to the job responsibilities are undertaken to minimize the risk exposure of the Bank.
- Adhere to internal controls and implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes and procedures.
- Degree holder in related discipline and other relevant professional qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in project management and vendor management;
- Practical experience in site diligence and feasibility study;
- Sound knowledge in programme management, building technology, contract administration and building control procedure;
- Strong organisational and analytical skills and experience to lead and leverage stakeholders and partnering vendors;
- Able to lead a team of Project Management Vendors and Contractors with excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills;
- Self-confident, initiative, quality consciousness, customer oriented and commit to fairness; Strong complex problem solving skill, committed to deliver results and able to meet deadlines under tight schedule and heavy workload;
- Ability to undertake options analysis, make sound recommendations and articulate a robust business case to Line Manager;
- Proactive and resilient in a dynamic and constantly changing environment
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with high degree of professionalism and tactics in handling sensitive situations.
- Proficiency in PC applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, AutoCAD, Photoshop; and
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
All information provided by applicants will be used only for recruitment purposes and will be used strictly in accordance with the Bank's personal data policies, a copy of which may be obtained by the applicant upon request. Unless otherwise instructed in writing by the applicant concerned, applicants may be considered for other suitable positions within the Bank and its related companies. The personal data of unsuccessful job applicants may be retained for a maximum of two years from the date when the job application is rejected and such data may be retained for a longer period if there is a subsisting reason that obliges the Bank to do so, after which the personal data will be destroyed.