The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for enhancing the online presence of the Hotel, and for driving all online and offline activities to build the Hotel brand in the target markets, and ultimately, maximizing conversion.
Working under the direction of Director of Communications (DOC), this person oversees the entire spectrum of digital marketing efforts of the Hotel including but not limited to search engine marketing, social media platforms, online reputation management, email marketing and website updates. These efforts are to be in line with the brand strategies, and to be skillfully deployed that will lead the Hotel to the next level in the digital world. Concurrently, this person handles public relations and communications related matters.
- Accountable for the online performance of the Hotel.
- Assist with the development of the digital marketing strategies for the Hotel.
- Develop O2O strategies that draw guests from online to offline and offline to online.
- Utilize suitable online tools to market the Hotels’ products and services, for example, rooms, catering, F & B outlets and Fitness Centre and more.
- Create innovative campaigns / activities that can eventually uplift the brand.
Website and Third Party Sites
- Together with DOC, work closely with the corporate digital team. Ensure the Hotel pages’ meta data and copy rightly represent the Hotel, and strive to improve the organic ranking of Hotel pages as well as the traffic to the site.
- Ensure the Hotel website is constantly updated with latest promotions, menus and press releases.
- Manage all web-based platforms for the Hotel.
- Review and monitor travel review websites, e.g. TripAdvisor, Ctrip. Propose replies to the DOC for review, and reply in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the monthly reporting on web analytics and propose on improvement.
Search Engine Marketing / Digital Tools
- Work closely with the corporate digital team and / or agencies. Ensure the Hotel’s generic keywords, branded keywords and promotional keywords are up to date and relevant. Constantly review the keyword list to make sure it is renewed according to promotional campaigns.
- Liaise with agencies to drive impression, click-through rate, visits, time spent on site, depth and more, depending on the goal of campaigns.
- Manage agencies to ensure they meet the KPI.
- Evaluate campaign results and propose improvement strategies.
- Manage all web, digital and social media platforms for the Hotel. The Hotel’s key social media platforms include Facebook Twitter, Wechat, Weibo and Instagram, with the possible addition of potential valuable ones.
- Plan and implement promotions based on business needs and according to brand strategies.
- Create and update social media calendar and ensure all platforms present the messages with appropriate adaptation that suits the audience.
- Liaise with internal departments and external parties for required information to create the posts and promotions.
- Oversee the digital media strategy in Mainland China.
- Produce a monthly report on social media analyses.
Online Partners / Media / Bloggers
- Select and foster relationship with online partners and solicit promotional opportunities to generate positive exposure for the Hotel.
- Build relationship with selected bloggers locally and internationally, and pitch for features.
- Arrange advertising materials, schedules and production with ad agency upon approval from DOC.
- Assist on collaboration with third parties to raise the brand name and exposure of the Hotel.
- Co-ordinate with production houses, graphic designers and user departments on all productions and ensure all are done within the schedule and according to the brand standard.
- Ensure all collaterals are updated and current.
- Liaise with vendors and user departments for printing and on-time delivery.
- Draft and propose tagline and body copy for all online and offline communication materials e.g. eDM, social media platforms, Hotel website, printed matters, sales presentation and digital signage.
- Create on-brand and appealing copy for digital channels. Adapt to different platforms according to the target audience, word limit and environment adeptly.
- Bachelor degree holder with over 3-5 years of relevant work experience in digital marketing, and public relations or communications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEM and SEO, and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Weibo, Wechat, etc.
- Experienced in using website analytics and online media monitoring tools. Previous experience with TrustYou and Omniture will be beneficial.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Social Media Analytic Tools. Previous experience with HootSuite will be beneficial.
- Able to write SEO-friendly content.
- Good writing and spoken skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Skills in using Photoshop or other design packages will be beneficial.
- Creative with strategic mind.
- Ability to analyze quantitatively.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work against aggressive project timelines.
- Ability to solve complex problems with limited info and resources.
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
We offer competitive salary and benefits package to successful candidates. Please click "HERE" to apply or visit the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Career Web Site.
Owned and managed by Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
“We are an equal opportunity employer"
For further career opportunities, please visit the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Career Web Site:
Candidates who have not been invited for an interview within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All data collected will only be used for recruitment purposes.