Rosewood Hong Kong celebrates a culture in which Rosewood Associates are inspired to look at life a little differently, through a lens of limitless possibilities. We aim to create an innovative culture of intimate and casual, yet refined, hospitality, empowering Rosewood Associates to create indelible memories for themselves, for one other and for our guests.
The vertical estate on the majestic harbour, Rosewood Hong Kong is seeking intuitive, engaging and impassioned Associates to embark on a Rosewood Journey with us. Apply Now.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Pre-plan and order materials for special projects; coordinate scheduling with department heads to eliminate conflict.
- Conduct building rounds and take gauge readings; check for potential fire hazards, burnt out lights, and faulty equipment.
- Check Engineering Logbook and Night Report for information regarding problems; document pertinent information in logbook.
- Collect, prioritize and coordinate completion of such work orders received from hotel departments.
- Respond as part of initial response team to any early warning or major fire alarm.
- Prepare and distribute work assignments for associate and review priorities.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift; identify situations, which compromise the department's standards and delegate these tasks.
- Observe associate performance of job functions and ensure all procedures are completed to departmental standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Assist associate with their job functions where needed to ensure optimum standards and efficient operation.
- Provide feedback on associate performance to manager; report disciplinary problems to manager and participate in the counselling of employees.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Ensure all associate assignments are completed before associate sign out.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving; review status of assignments and any follow-up action with manager and/or on-coming supervisor.
- Degree holder in mechanical and electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience in a sizeable luxury hotel with at least 2 years in a similar capacity
- Possess strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Proficiency in English, Putonghua and Cantonese
- Highly responsible and reliable with exceptional communication and presentation skills