The Customer and International Business Development Division (C&I) is responsible for providing quality wagering experience to local and overseas customers of The Hong Kong Jockey Club. It operates 88 Race Meetings a year, 37 Simulcasts days, a thrice-weekly Mark 6 Draw, 7X24 Digital Channels, 7X24 Football Betting Services on over 11,000 different leagues per year. The ultimate aim is to provide an impressive total customer experience leading to sustainable turnover growth in a responsible manner.
With around 100 off-course betting branches (OCBB) and 2 racecourses, Retail and Telebet Services Department is committed to provide quality and efficient service to our customers throughout Hong Kong.
Gift at Races team (GAR) aims to be the premier retail in its field targeting both local and international Hong Kong racing fans.
- Promote Gift at Races (GAR) as a branding vehicle and customer engagement tool to enhance public interest in racing and enhance experience of customers at Racecourse or other Jockey Club venues.
- Devise and implement effective marketing strategies to generate brand awareness, product sales, ROI and generate appropriate traffic.
- Responsible for Eshop business and operation to deliver the assigned KPIs and desirable user shopping experience on GaR eShop.
- Works alongside all internal and external marketing channels to deliver consistent and relevant campaigns of our affiliate programs in GaR physical and online channels.
- Redesign the Digital Channel to optimize the opportunities through 020 strategy. Analyzing site traffic including click navigation, shopping patterns, and purchase conversion to drive sales in GaR online shop.
- Evaluate, create and update GaR online shop web content that include re-designing home and product pages to optimize campaign effectiveness and product sell-through.
- Identifying the latest trends within the industry. Devise effective Omni-channel marketing strategy to attract and appeal to new customers; & retain loyal customers via effective eDM, joint promotion, PR, digital and social marketing strategy.
- Oversee online store marketing communication and daily system operations. Administer online marketing campaign through proper coordination with management and outside agencies.
- Develop press releases, message documents, prepare briefing materials and reports to support sales promotion through public relationships.
- Creates campaign objectives with Merchandising and Sales Operations and ensure these are met, evaluated and budgeted.
- Ensures that campaign calendars are kept up-to-date, reviewed regularly and optimized. Monitor progress of campaigns using various metrics; submits reports of performance reporting.
- Plans and works with designer, photographer and printer to prepare marketing materials (POSM, props, posters) for all GAR's POS.
- Maintain & co-ordinate visual marketing guidelines for shops to comply. Communicate with Sales & Operations team about upcoming POS drops, campaign launches and events.
- Ensures compliance with Responsible Gambling Policy and all stipulated legal requirements pertaining to wagering, thereby protecting the integrity of the Club's businesses.
- Coordinate with vendor for event booth set-up. Support on-course sales activities during major event meetings.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by line manager.
You should have:
- Bachelor in Marketing or have managed sales/ marketing functions for online shops
- A minimum of 6 years' marketing experience, either in-house or agency
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional personal time management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Strong knowledge of both offline and online marketing strategies
- Ability to create socially-driven retail campaigns
- Knowledge in A.I. / Photoshop a plus
- Be agile and market/ online savvy to understand customer behavior and latest online sales trend to adopt best practices for GAR web shop.
- Occasionally working on race day as required
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience.