The appointee is responsible for the following duties:
1. To carry out day-to-day building/facilities management and venue manangement operation, e.g. patrol, card access control, vehicular control, handle user’ room bookings requests and make logistic arrangements;
2. To be responsible for inspecting common areas and facilities on Campus; other administrative tasks and record maintenance as assigned;
3. To assist in supervising and monitoring the performance of Room Attendants and contractors for cleaning, security and gardening & landscaping works;
4. To coordinate and follow-up on user requests and complaints regarding buiding/facilities management and venue management services;
5. To assist in arranging contractual manpower for special events and functions;
6. To report to Facilities Officer and/or Assistant Facilities Manager regularly on building/facilities management and venue management issue; conduct regular site inspection and to discuss solutions with Facilities Officer and/or Assistant Facilities Manager for service enhancement; and
7. Perform emergency duty outside normal office hours as required.
Applicants are required to possess the following:
1. At least 5 subjects with Level 2 in HKDSE or equivalent, including English, Chinese and Mathematics;
2. Experience and/or qualification in building/facilities management would be an advantage;
3. Good communication skills both in English & Chinese (preferably including Putonghua) and computer skills are required; and
4. Ability to work independently and follow up on issues proactively.
Terms of Appointment
Successful candidate will be appointed on a full-time fixed term contract. Fringe benefits will include annual leave, medical & dental benefits and life insurance coverage where applicable.
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System.
Deadline: 11 July 2018
|Job ref no.||1800113 (CT3113078-01#0154)|
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, OUHK today has developed into a young, dynamic, full-fledged university. We began offering full-time face-to-face programmes since 2001 and currently have about 10,000 full-time and 9,500 part-time students in the five Schools at the OUHK with about 220 programmes of studies. In addition, there are about 2,000 full-time/part-time students studying in LiPACE.
The University strives to be a leader in providing open and flexible education to all, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time face-to-face programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong, and we are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
We are now inviting applications for the following post in the Facilities Management Unit: