This role is responsible for the efficient operation of the property and all its equipment, ancillary maintenance and repair services and protection of the Owner’s asset. Structural aspects of the house as well as the maintenance of grounds and external facilities all fall within the span of responsibility. This person is expected to:
• Provide advice to senior management on all aspects of maintenance support, environmental controls and the operational efficiency of the property.
• Ensure the effective financial management of the maintenance department by setting maintenance budgets, capital works programs and engineering plans and ensuring that performance against there are regularly monitored and reviewed. Responsible for the general cost control aspects of maintenance, the preparation of departmental cost budgets and their implementation and submission to management.
• Assist in control of Capital Projects, in liaison with management, to ensure capital funding is effectively allocated and budgeted in accordance with company directives and philosophy.
• Plan, implement and administer an energy management program by establishing energy reduction objectives, the maintenance of records and regular reporting of performance against these objectives.
• Ensure the staff awareness of energy management within the property by conducting regular education and training programs on energy conservation and matters related to efficient operation of equipment in a cost-effective fashion.
• Contribute to the house’s profitability by ensuring the effective management of the buildings environmental controls and energy conservation systems. Evaluate, control and record energy usage and implement and upgrade energy conservation systems.
• Contribute to guest satisfaction standards by ensuring that technical support services quickly address, and where possible, anticipate, individual needs. Ensure the safety and comfort of guests and that any requests for service are handled in a courteous and efficient fashion.
• Ensure adherence to all statutory regulations and fire codes by regularly reviewing policies and safety procedures. Ensure that any tests and inspections required on plant by statutory authorities are carried out as and when required and that all records and documentation associated with such tests and surveys are correctly kept and/or displayed. Ensure that the house fulfils all compliance requirements.
• Ensure a technically competent maintenance staff by selecting, training and developing a motivated, well-qualified maintenance team. Carry out regular work sampling studies within the department and evaluate the performance and productivity of personnel.
• Maintain the condition of the physical assets of the house by carrying out any upgrading and project work in liaison with architects, interior designers and management.
• Ensure the effective operation of all the mechanical and electrical systems and equipment by implementing and managing a preventative maintenance program. Closely monitor the condition of the physical property and equipment by conducting continual inspections of the building. Ensure that preventative maintenance schedules are in operation and regularly upgraded.
• Contribute to a high standard of quality control within the house by actively participating in the house’s Quality Assurance Program.
• Ensure the cost effectiveness and technical efficiency of all services performed by outside contracts by close supervision. Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with contracts, leases, services agreements and warranties.
• Ensure the quality of all work completed by both employees and external contracted staff adheres to the standards of good engineering practice.
• Contribute to the effectiveness of management decision making by representing the maintenance department at management meetings and staff meetings and by ensuring regular liaison with heads of other departments.
• Works with P&D on manpower planning and management needs
• Works with Financial Controller in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
What we look for…
• Bachelor’s degree or higher diploma or higher certificate in Engineering or equivalent
• Possess 3 years of engineering experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Love to have fun at work and enjoy working with an energetic team
• Can multitask and enjoy working in a busy, fast-paced environment
• Possess a ‘’can-do’’ attitude and is detail oriented
• Speak fluent English and Cantonese
• 8 rest day a month
• 15 days Annual Leave
• Family Meal
• Medical and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Learning & Development Programme
• Team Events – Cookhouse & House Tonic Programme and Film Screenings
• Introduce A Star Programme
• Discretionary Bonus
People who are eligible to work in Hong Kong or have a valid Hong Kong work permit/visa will be considered for the above position. If you are passionate about hospitality and are looking for exciting new opportunities with our company, then we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send us your resume with CURRENT and EXPECTED salary to [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ].
(Personal data collected will be treated in strictest confidence and only for recruitment purposes.)
|Job ref no.||CT3123858-01#0018|
Who we are...
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants spread throughout Europe, the UK and North America. Each house and restaurant maintains its own personality and atmosphere but the ethos has remained the same; serving fantastic cocktails and simple but delicious food in a comfortable and relaxed environment. Please visit our website at www.sohohouse.com.
Soho House Hong Kong is the latest in our collection of private members' clubs, which was launched in September 2019. The House, located in Sheung Wan, have a vast club space spread across 5 floors, a large gym, and a screening room.