The appointee will assist the Manager, Alumni Affairs and Development to ensure a smooth operation of Alumni Affairs and Development Team, which includes organizing fundraising events and campaigns, naming ceremonies for donors, assisting the supervisors to solicit prospective donors to provide scholarships and bursaries for full-time students of the Community College and International College, serving the Foundation Committee and its Sub-committees as secretariat, preparing promotional copies of website, eNews and publicity materials; providing support in donor management and administration.
• Plan and organize fundraising projects and campaigns;
• Provide secretariat, financial and administrative support to the Foundation Committee and Sub-committees.
• Plan and implement donor stewardship programs;
• Prepare the financial reports; coordinate with the other departments to explore the funding projects and draft sponsorship proposals.
• Foster the bonding of donors and the School;
• Produce communication materials on website and newsletter to report donations and fundraising events.
• Supervise supporting staff and ensure a smooth and efficient operation of the office;
• Perform any other duties as assigned
• Possess a recognized Bachelor Degree;
• At least 3 years solid fundraising experience, preferably in fundraising, alumni affairs, marketing and communications;
• Strong in communications, both written and spoken communication;
• Experience in serving committee and providing secretariat, financial report and administrative support is preferred;
• Outgoing, independent, self-motivated, meticulous and committed;
• Possess good understanding of people dynamics with outstanding interpersonal skills;
• Able to work under pressure and outside office hours
Terms of Appointment: Salary placement will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The contract will normally be for 2 years with the possibility of renewal subject to review. A contract-end gratuity (taxable) will be payable upon satisfactory completion of the contract. Medical and dental benefits, annual leave and the use of sports and library facilities will be provided where applicable. The School also provides staff development opportunities.
Applications: Please send application quoting the reference number to the Human Resources Team, HKU SPACE, 7/F., T. T. Tsui Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong. You may apply online or download an application form at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/jobs or request one by fax (852) 2540 3271.
Closing Date for Applications: 20 December 2018
The information provided in an application will only be used for the purpose of consideration for appointment by HKU SPACE. Applicants not contacted within eight weeks from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Unsuccessful applications will be kept for a maximum period of 24 months.
|Job ref no.||2018/19-FT-209-CTOL (CT3118302-01#0017)|