The applicant must possess
- a recognised degree in architecture, engineering, surveying or construction related discipline;
- a minimum of 7 years’ post-qualification experience in construction. Exposure in tendering, dealing with construction contracts, subletting, project management or supervision will be favourably considered;
- working experience in public bodies or sizable organisations, or experience supporting senior executives would be an advantage;
- excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese;
- a high level of integrity and a sense of accountability;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
- a proactive, resourceful, outgoing character and a strong team player.
(Applicants who do not possess the required qualifications and / or experience may be considered for other positions within the organisation.)
- to develop initiatives to foster an efficient and healthy construction market through best practices in areas of tendering, risk allocation, programming, supply chain development, project management and quality supervision;
- to implement strategies and pragmatic solutions for promulgating those initiatives, such as preparing reference materials, stakeholder engagement, organising webinars and physical events, promotion campaign, liaising with construction practitioners etc.;
- to support projects and activities on enhancing collaboration between local and the Greater Bay Area construction industry, such as study tours and delegation visits. Occasional travelling to the Greater Bay Area and other Mainland cities may be expected (subject to prevailing travel restrictions);
- to provide secretariat support to the Committee on Construction Business Development of CIC;
- to compile work plans, assignment briefs, research reports, discussion papers, guidelines, standards, documents of technical nature as well as any other relevant documents to facilitate discussion by the Committee;
- to manage consultants and vendors, and handle internal administrative tasks; and
- to carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive
The position is on a renewable fixed-term contract (subject to performance and operational needs) for a period of 2 years.
Please click the below “Apply Online" to complete the application form and upload the updated curriculum vitae, the results of English and Chinese Language obtained in public examinations, current and expected salary together with a covering letter stating one’s suitability for the job on or before 5 August 2021.
For further details on CIC please refer to website: http://www.cic.hk.