Salary: General Disciplined Services (Rank and File) Pay Scale Point 2 (HK$18,670 per month) to General Disciplined Services (Rank and File) Pay Scale Point 14 (HK$27,380 per month) [Note (1) under Entry Requirements]
Entry Requirements: (a) (I)(i) Level 2 or equivalent [Note (2) under Entry Requirements] or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) [Note (3) under Entry Requirements], or equivalent; or (ii) Level 2 [Note (4) under Entry Requirements] / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) [Note (3) under Entry Requirements], or equivalent (entry pay: HK$19,780 per month); or
(II)(i) Level 2 or equivalent [Note (2) under Entry Requirements] or above in three subjects in HKDSEE [Note (3) under Entry Requirements], or equivalent; or (ii) Level 2 [Note (4) under Entry Requirements] / Grade E or above in three subjects in HKCEE [Note (3) under Entry Requirements], or equivalent (entry pay: HK$19,225 per month); or
(III) completed Secondary 5, or equivalent (entry pay: HK$18,670 per month); and
(b) meet the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 [Note (4) under Entry Requirements] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent; and be able to speak fluent Cantonese and English; and
(c) pass a physical fitness test [Note (5) under Entry Requirements].
Note: (1) Entry pay is General Disciplined Services (Rank and File) Pay Scale Point 2 (HK$18,670 per month), 3 (HK$19,225 per month) or 4 (HK$19,780 per month), as commensurate with the respective entry qualifications.
(2) For civil service appointment purpose, “Attained with Distinction" in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in HKDSEE. “Attained" in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in HKDSEE.
(3) The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(4) For civil service appointment purpose, Grade C and Grade E in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to Level 3 and Level 2 respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(5) Candidates may refer to the Correctional Services Department’s website (http://www.csd.gov.hk). Those who have passed the physical fitness test will be invited to attend a group interview. Only those candidates who have passed the group interview, aptitude test and then final interview will be considered for appointment.
(6) For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate’s overall assessment. Candidates who are invited to attend the aptitude test will be assessed on their BL knowledge through a written test on the same day.
Duties: Supervise persons under custody, young persons in a training/rehabilitation centre and drug dependants in a drug addiction treatment centre; and perform any other duties as required.
(Note: subject to the provisions of the Prisons Ordinance, is required to wear uniform and work shifts and may be required to undertake hospital nursing duties after in-service training and live in departmental quarters.)
Terms of Appointment: A new appointee will be appointed on civil service probationary terms for three years. Upon passage of probation bar, the officer may be considered for appointment on the prevailing permanent terms.
How to apply: Applicants are encouraged to apply online through the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Applications submitted in person or by post should reach the enquiry address below on or before the closing date for application (according to the dates of postmarks for submissions by post). Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] can be obtained from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department or downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website. Please provide one valid e-mail address in the application form and state “Application for the post of Assistant Officer II" on the envelope and affix with sufficient postage. Underpaid mails will not be delivered by the Hongkong Post. Applications without the information/supporting documents requested in this recruitment advertisement, or submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted. Candidates who are arranged for physical fitness test will normally receive an invitation shortly after the submission of application. For enquiries, please call the telephone number indicated.
Enquiry Address: Appointments Unit, Correctional Services Department Headquarters, 23/F, Wanchai Tower, 12 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
Enquiry Telephone: 2582 5161
Closing Date(dd/mm/yyyy): 11/12/2016 23:59:00
General Notes: (a) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address, with specification of their Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card numbers and online application numbers, if applicable.
(b) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(c) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(d) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
(e) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(f) The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes.
(g) Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing.
(h) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the physical fitness test without being subject to further shortlisting.
(i) Towards the application deadline, our online system would likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your online application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.