OFFICE OF STUDENT RESOURCES AND RESIDENTIAL LIFE
Assistant Officer (Ref. 18120510)
[Appointment period: twelve months]
The appointee will be required to:
(a) assist in the operation of the University-managed accommodations, including the following:
- processing admission and operation issues of the Off-campus Housing;
- processing the admission issues of research students in the Student Halls of Residence;
- handling room assignment and applications for room transfer;
- coordinating with the property management services (PMS) providers in contract implementation and ensuring that the performance pledges of the PMS are duly met;
- replying enquiries in the public email account of the “Hall Administration"; and
(b) perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Office or his/her delegates.
The appointee may be required to work on irregular hours, including evenings, Saturdays and Sundays, and public holidays.
Applicants should have:
(a) a recognised degree;
(b) at least three years’ relevant experience, preferably in working with university students;
(c) a good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, with fluency in Putonghua being an advantage; and
(d) good communication and interpersonal skills.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit for a written test.
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Applicants should state their current and expected salary in the application.
Please send a completed application form to Human Resources Office, 13/F, Li Ka Shing Tower, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong or via email to email@example.com. Application forms can be obtained via the above channels or downloaded from http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/forms.php. If a separate curriculum vitae is to be provided, please still complete the application form which will help speed up the recruitment process. The closing date for application is Wednesday, 19 December 2018. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within two months from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. The University’s Personal Information Collection Statement for recruitment can be found at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/hro/job/en/guide_forms/pics.php.