We are now inviting application(s) for the following post(s) in the Student Affairs Office:
Assistant Student Affairs Manager (Project) (Ref: 18000WI)
The appointee is responsible for the following duties:
1. To work in different projects over time and according to his/her strength and skills – namely but not limit to, the QESS Internship Learning Project, Career Services, Services for Mainland and Non-local Students, promotion of Chinese culture and entrepreneurship etc.;
2. To own some of the projects independently and to collaborate with other teams to maximize the effectiveness of large-scale operation;
3. To implement the assigned services/programmes to help formulate and review the corresponding policies and practices;
4. To collect information on student needs, outcome measures and user feedback for continuous service improvement;
5. To be involved in some central functions of the Office (i.e. management of social media, computer-related co-ordinations etc.); and
6. To provide secretarial service to committees and meetings.
Applicants are required to possess the following:
1. A recognized degree with at least 2 years’ relevant post-qualification working experience;
2. Very good communication skills with stakeholders, from students, faculty and external organizations;
3. To be bi-literate and tri-lingual;
4. Ability to manage and synergize a diverse portfolio of projects is one of the critical success factors; and
5. Experience in related services and/or developmental programmes for students will be a definite advantage.
Terms of Appointment
Successful candidate will be appointed on a full-time fixed term contract. Fringe benefits will include annual leave, medical & dental benefits, life insurance coverage and gratuity, where applicable.
Application should be made online through the University’s eRecruitment System.
Deadline: 31 May 2018
|Job ref no.||18000WI (CT3113078-01#0113)|
Established by the Hong Kong Government in 1989, OUHK today has developed into a young, dynamic, full-fledged university. We began offering full-time face-to-face programmes since 2001 and currently have about 10,000 full-time and 9,500 part-time students in the five Schools at the OUHK with about 220 programmes of studies. In addition, there are about 2,000 full-time/part-time students studying in LiPACE.
The University strives to be a leader in providing open and flexible education to all, and to excel as a provider of higher education. Our full-time face-to-face programmes for qualified secondary school leavers are on par with other established universities across Hong Kong, and we are committed to advancing learning, knowledge, and research that meet students’ learning aspirations and society’s talent needs, focusing on practical and professional programmes. As a multi-mode university, we use innovative teaching and the latest education technology to offer world class education, guided by our core values of fairness, integrity, perseverance, and innovation.
The mission of Student Affairs Office is to enable student success and to enrich campus life. There are currently five teams – Career Services, Student Financial Services, Student Support & Activities, Sports and Wellness as well as Student Counselling.