Who are we?
Citybus Limited & New World First Bus Services Limited are an innovative, market leader in public transport with the vision to inspire people to love public transport through improved mobility. As one of the leading bus service providers in Hong Kong, we play an essential role in keeping the city moving with a fleet of over 1,700 vehicles and 5,000 employees in different operating sites across the region.
As part of an international consortium, our team represents a diverse group of performance driven members with experience across various industries. Our goal is to transform traditional bus services with a strategic focus on driving the transition to zero-emission vehicles in an effort to support our sustainability objectives.
People is a great asset, we always put our people in the first place, as reflected in the attractive and competitive remuneration packages we offer as part of our progressive company culture. We are able to offer a series of unique employee benefits with customised passes for our employees and their family members to enjoy free travel on local bus routes. Similarly, we were one of the first employers in Hong Kong extend our paid maternity leave to 24 weeks. We pride itself on prioritising professional development as a core tenant our culture, with a systematic and clear career path in place to assist you in achieving your career goals with us
We are on an exciting journey to transform our bus service offering in Hong Kong to a global-leading standard, and we need a brilliant supporting team to achieve this goal. If you want to be part of this transformational journey, please submit your application, we are waiting for you.
The Asst. Engineering Manager is responsible to maintain and improve vehicle maintenance and depot operations of Chong Fu Road Depot, Wong Chuk Hang Depot, Sheung Wan Services Site and the bus parking depots in Hong Kong Island area. In addition to provide assistance to Engineering Managers.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- At least 8 years or experience in automotive engineering and maintenance with 5 years in supervisory role
- Familiar with the best practice, guidelines and regulations set for bus maintenance
- Awareness of and adherence to the relevant traffic, health and safety and other key regulatory and stakeholder standards and requirements
- Active, outgoing and willing to work with a large group of people
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong personality with initiative and leadership ability
- Seasoned problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Suitable candidate with less experience will be considered as a position of Engineer
Duties & Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and servicing activities of buses, supporting vehicles and depots
- Ensure the vehicle availability and reliability achieving the operation targets and customer needs
- Monitor the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and improve the work performance and the efficiency
- Lead teams to carry out routine repair and maintenance work
- Analyse and reduce vehicle breakdown cases
- Create proper technical documents, reports and maintenance instructions
- Co-ordinate with the bus manufacturers or suppliers for bus modifications and maintenance
- Co-ordinate and ensure the smoothness on daily operations between other sections, depots and departments
- Control the expenditures of daily maintenance and operation activities
- Assist to prepare financial budget and the development of depots
- Follow up and reply internal and external comments and suggestions
- Implement the safety and health management system at depots
- Undertake any other duties as assign by the Engineering Managers or above.
Applications, with detailed qualifications, employment history, expected salary, and contact information, should be sent to the Resourcing Specialist, Bravo Transport, 5/F., No. 8 Chong Fu Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong. Applications can also be e-mailed to [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ]. (Please quote the ref. number on your application.)
Applicants not contacted within 2 months from the posting date may consider their applications unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all qualified applications. Personal data collected will be treated in strictly confidential and used for recruitment related purpose only.
All applications will be kept for a maximum period of 12 months after the completion of recruitment process.