The Customer and International Business Development Division (C&I) is responsible for providing quality wagering experience and CRM to local and overseas customers of The Hong Kong Jockey Club. It operates 88 Race Meetings a year, 37 Simulcasts days, a thrice-weekly Mark 6 Draw, 7X24 Digital Channels, 7X24 Football Betting Services on over 11,000 different leagues per year. The ultimate aim is to provide an impressive total customer experience leading to sustainable turnover growth in a responsible manner.
With around 100 off-course betting branches and 2 racecourses, Retail and Telebet Services Department is committed to provide quality and efficient service to our customers throughout Hong Kong.
- conduct budgeting for Retail and Telebet Services Department, and develops the right business rules as guiding principles in development of departmental budget.
- allocate by teams / districts / branches budgets based on Corporate defined targets / budget. Works with management in setting rational and business-driven business rules and assumptions and holds such rules in the management of the budget.
- conduct analysis on financial performance on turnover, productivity, profitability, opex, capex, to ensure budget is met, savings targets are achieved, and any shortfalls / adverse trends to be spotted promptly and alert to be provided on regular basis.
- generate financial insights and prepares reports to alert appropriate parties and presents such in regular Retail Management Meeting (RMM).
- develop financial / productivity / spending benchmarks, both internal and external for comparison to ensure spending / productivity / growth are all in the right trending and opportunities could be defined.
- ensure accurate financial reporting is consolidated with the support of different districts RM and team heads; has full understanding and be able to execute the Club’s corporate financial standards in terms of reporting and forecasting requirements.
- work closely with Finance department, and different Retail and Telebet stakeholders to ensure corporate financial requirements are met, and also all financial reports are complied with corporate standards. Be able to provide constructive guidance and recommendations to HoRT and also all financial reports complied with corporate standards. Be able to provide constructive guidance and recommendations to HoRT and different team heads on their achievements and actions to take to meet / exceed full year financial targets.
- manage KPI and scorecard compilation for Districts and Branches (including BPMS administration). Conducts needed briefings to ensure good and effective communications with different stakeholders and front-line teams for their understanding of the business rules and guiding principles in the setting of the KPIs / budget.
- develop easy to read and meaningful KPI reporting templates and charts to show business analysis and collaborates with Retail Managers for inputs in elaborating the results.
- support major projects / renovations on financial calculation to support business case write up, ensures appropriate business assumptions be developed with the stakeholders. Supports EAP process with the business owners. Evaluates whether corporate committed targets are achieved.
- support different teams in their program / project budgeting to ensure money well spent and returns are achieved.
- ensure compliance with Responsible Gambling Policy (RGP) and all stipulated legal requirements pertaining to wagering, thereby protecting the integrity of the Club’s business
- undertake other duties assigned by management
You should have:
- A Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related disciplines
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in financial reporting and analysis role in a medium to large sized organization
- Experience working in organisations with diverse operations or dealing with multiple stakeholders is a plus
- Solid business acumen with strong analytical ability
- Extensive experience with Excel/VBA, SQL and other database querying tools is a must
- Proven knowledge in advanced machine learning models and practical experience in data mining is a plus
- Strong analytical and inter-personal skills to deal with different stakeholders
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Good computer literacy in using Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Word
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.