As Business Development Manager, you are responsible for generating sales and driving revenue - typically in low to medium risk and return sales pursuits - through prospecting, acquiring, developing and growing business leads to achieve short- and long-term revenue and profit growth. You will be proactive and utilize the appropriate processes depending on the situation or customer need; settling priorities, establishes a detailed approach to ensure successful completion of sales, and allocates time and resources effectively. Additionally, you will increase profitability of a portfolio of accounts through cross-selling TC/MU/geos (including Application managed services and/or Infrastructure managed services).
Day-to-day, you will:
- Apply and use the Sales Process (DEEPR), Solution Selling and Account Management practices
- Lead and balance high potential customer engagement opportunities from origination and lead generation, to deal review, to negotiations and closing a deal
- Develop and execute Account Plans (utilizing the global standard account plan document)
- Develop strong customer relationships and drive acquisition of new customers, impacting the success of meeting our company revenue goals
- Utilize strategic partners (Microsoft and Accenture) and the Microsoft Business Solutions Organization
- Own proposal creation and delivery
- Engage Delivery in due time; during DEEPR's 'Realize' phase, effectively hands over to Delivery; follow through on achievements vs. sold contract
- For assigned accounts and/or territories, plan and coordinate sales performance, forecasting, revenue generation, and customer satisfaction
- Maintain customer satisfaction and persue opportunities to cross-sell
- Maintain a proficient understanding of Avanade's offerings, as well as Microsoft and Accenture solutions and competitor's offerings
- Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System including support for Area Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings, Forecasting, Opportunity Management and Business and Technical Proposal reviews
- Support local marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and market demand generation involving media, analysts and active participation in the IT community
Your technical and non-technical skills may include:
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills, with a Customer Focus attitude
- Able to skillfully navigate through negotiation phases
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Proficient Account Planning skills (utilizing the global standard account plan document)
- Knowledgeable of sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas
- Solid understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture -industry solutions and of competitive offerings
- Experience selling IT projects and solution selling
- Able to use network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence
- Experience selling outsourcing / managed-services deals and/or other large-scale engagements that include significant offshore delivery.
- Experience bringing to bear offshore resources in deal pursuits.
- Experience working with customer teams to identify managed services opportunities, and working through the DEEPR process from lead generation to deal closings for managed-services offerings
- You will likely possess a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in business, sales or marketing (or relevant field); advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
- 5+ Years of Management Experience
- You will likely have 10+ years of services sales or professional consulting experience (or equivalent)
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.