The purpose of this position is to provide professional technical cabling services, project management and technical support at various locations across Hong Kong.
This is an opportunity to join the AV/IT design and integration team of a well-established technology design/build firm. We are looking for a highly responsible and motivated professional cabling engineer participating in various scaled projects.
This position will be responsible for:
* Installing cables;
* Terminating and testing cables;
* Patching cables;
* Locating issues related to cables and networks;
* Finding and fixing errors;
* Reporting progress; and
* Working with enthusiasm and team spirit to deliver quality results.
* Skilled installation experience of balanced twisted-pair cables and fiber-optic cables;
* Knowledge of structured cabling system design and build;
* Knowledge of using various cabling tools for pulling, termination and testing;
* Knowledge of Fluke testing equipment, calibration, methodology and using various testing adaptors;
* Knowledge of project management and attributes of quality delivery; and
* A customer-centric attitude, desire to problem-solve, and ability to troubleshoot cable and/or network related problems.
* Install, terminate, test and troubleshoot CAT5/CAT6/CAT6A balanced twisted-pair and multi-pair cables;
* Install, terminate, test and troubleshoot multi-mode and single-mode fiber optic cables;
* Install racks and cabinets;
* Calibrate, use and understand Fluke testing equipment and its methodology and part applications;
* Collaborate within installation teams to efficiently and effectively complete projects;
* Provide technical support to other engineers and/or technicians attempting to diagnose, troubleshoot and repair cable-related issues;
* Interact and coordinate with other teams to deliver AV/IT integration expectations;
* Interface with vendors, general contractors, electrical contractors and other partners;
* Participate in the planning and design phases of the integration of technology systems; and
* Report on progress to ensure service delivery on schedule and to the desired quality level.
Other duties as assigned.
As a Direct Line employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
* Holder of Higher Diploma or above; and
* Minimum of 2 years experience installing cables and/or related project management participation.
* Ability to perform all tasks associated with the installation of data cabling;
* Ability to be proactive, flexible and creative;
* Demonstrated leadership and teamwork experience, including the ability to work with minimum supervision and be self-directed both independently and as part of a team;
* Ability, skill and initiative to problem solve, assume responsibility and establish/maintain quality standards;
* Ability to stay organised, with the skill to prioritise, pivot, and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines and complete all assigned tasks;
* Demonstrated ability to analyse work processes and introduce appropriate technological solutions for greater efficiency of operations; and
* Demonstrated attention to detail, including excellent communication skills.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Flexibility and availability to work evenings and weekends as needed;
* Must be able to work in an office environment, as well as cold shell/warm shell construction site environments;
* Must be able to work comfortably on ladders, lifts and other high places, as well as in tight conditions such as crawl spaces, equipment closets and cabinets; and
* Must be able to perform all tasks associated with the installation of commercial audio and video equipment including lifting and carrying up to 45lbs of bulky equipment and/or tools, bending, squatting, climbing, reaching above shoulder heights, grasping, and fine manipulation.
Interested parties please click Apply Now to apply job
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
|Job ref no.||CT3118690-01#4746|