Pro-Act Training and Development Centre (Electrical)
Ref. no : C/PA(EL)/CI(AC)/04/21-AP2
(a) To assist in overseeing the daily operations regarding programme and academic management, resources management, staffing, finance and procurement;
(b) To act as Stream Leader and assist in leading and coordinating programme teams and work groups;
(c) To develop and review the syllabi and curriculum of training programmes and schemes, and to develop and administer trade tests;
(d) To perform teaching duties, update teaching and assessment materials;
(e) To assist in overseeing student administration, support and services, including student recruitment, admission and placement;
(f) To report and monitor the implementation of quality assurance policies and procedures and assist in validation and accreditation of programmes;
(g) To develop and maintain networks with the industry and related associations;
(h) To oversee installation and commissioning of training facilities and equipment; and
(i) To coordinate events and organise skills competitions.
(a) A recognised higher diploma in Building Services / Mechanical / Electrical discipline, or equivalent plus at least 9 years’ work or teaching experience in the relevant industry;
(b) A Registered Electrical Worker;
(c) Extensive experience in the design, testing and commissioning, operation and maintenance management of air-conditioning and refrigeration systems, including central air-conditioning chiller plants and building management systems;
(d) Good supervisory, communication and interpersonal skills, and proven administrative and leadership abilities;
(e) Good language proficiency in English and Chinese, preferably including Putonghua;
(f) Good command of IT skills;
(g) Proven record in managing a team of staff; and
(h) The ability to pass a trade test.
(1) The post is in the rank of “Chief Instructor".
(2) Candidates without the required academic qualification stated in the Requirement (a) but possessing 16 years’ work or teaching experience may also apply. Where applicable, these candidates may be required to have a Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 3 qualification.
(3) Candidates with a recognised degree in Building Services / Mechanical / Electrical discipline, or equivalent plus 3 years’ work or teaching experience in the relevant industry, may also apply and will be considered for the Lecturer rank.
(4) The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours and in designated places as assigned.
(5) In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
Application Procedures :
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. Please specify on the envelope the reference of the post being applied for.
Closing date for application: 13 May 2021
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||C/PA(EL)/CI(AC)/04/21-AP2 (CT3130016-01#0051)|
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.