(a) To plan and support the development and implementation of new programmes in International Pastry, Bakery and Confectionary; and to review, update and enhance the existing programmes to match with the appropriate standards of local and international accreditation bodies;
(b) To plan, organize and conduct training in pastry, bakery and confectionary, and compile training related records and statistics;
(c) To oversee the operation of training kitchens, coordinate special events / functions which form part of the Integrated Learning Experience of the training programmes;
(d) To undertake administration, training and operational related duties of the Section, including time-tabling systems, programme board documentation and student recruitment;
(e) To manage the day-to-day operations as well as staff and resources of the Section and to assist in preparing financial statistics;
(f) To keep abreast of the latest culinary trends, and maintain close ties with employers and related associations to obtain feedback on the relevance of the training programmes;
(g) To support marketing and promotional activities of the culinary programmes; and
(h) To oversee the procurement, maintenance and commissioning of plant and equipment of the Section.
(a) (i) A recognized higher diploma in the discipline of Hotel and/or Catering Management or equivalent, and at least 9 years' work or teaching experience in the relevant industry, preferably in hotel / catering industry; OR
(ii) A recognized degree in the discipline of Hotel and/or Catering Management or equivalent, and at least 3 years’ work or teaching experience in the relevant industry, preferably in hotel / catering industry;
(b) Preferably with (i) a qualification of Master Confectioner (Konditor Meister) and/or Certified Trainer Chef Certificate (Ausbildereignunspruefung (AEVO)) in Pastry, Bakery and Confectionary Cuisine, or equivalent; and (ii) knowledge and experience in trade test systems;
(c) Preferably with memberships of professional bodies;
(d) Good supervisory, communication and interpersonal skills, and proven administrative and leadership abilities;
(e) Good language proficiency in English and Chinese, preferably including Putonghua;
(f) Proficiency in basic computer software applications; and
(g) Ability to pass a trade test.
(1) The post is in the rank of “Chief Instructor" or “Assistant Training Consultant".
(2) Candidates will be considered for the post of Chief Instructor if possessing a recognized higher diploma in the discipline of Hotel and/or Catering Management and at least 9 years’ relevant work or teaching experience.
(3) Candidates without a relevant recognized higher diploma but possessing 16 years’ relevant experience may also apply. Where applicable, these candidates may be required to have a Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 3 qualification.
(4) Candidates will be considered for the post of Assistant Training Consultant if possessing a recognized degree in the discipline of Hotel and/or Catering Management or equivalent and at least 3 years’ relevant work or teaching experience.
(5) Candidates will be considered for the post of Senior Instructor if (i) with a recognized higher diploma in the relevant discipline and at least 6 years’ work or teaching experience in the relevant industry, or (ii) without a relevant recognized higher diploma but possessing 12 years’ work or teaching experience in the relevant industry. Where applicable, these candidates may be required to have a Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 3 qualification.
(6) The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours, work on shift over a full 7-day period and in designated places as assigned.
(7) In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to the Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong. Please specify on the envelope the reference of the post being applied for.
Closing date for application: 21 July 2018
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s).
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||C/ICI/CI(PBC)/07/18-AP2 (CT3116139-01#0067)|
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
International Culinary Institute