The position in China involves leadership and management of the bear sanctuary and programmes dedicated to the education of school children and the public about protection of animals. This position is also responsible for maintaining high level relationships with government officials at the local, state and national level. This position manages multiple personnel and reports directly to the CEO of Animals Asia. For the successful candidate, Animals Asia plans to expand the responsibilities of this position to include oversight of all its programmes and operations in China.
Animals Asia is looking for a progressive, forward thinking individual who combines great management skills with a talent for strategic thinking and planning. The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent leadership and management skills in providing direction to a diverse group of employees who are responsible for operating the Chengdu Bear Rescue Center and the Chengdu Office.
- Skilled in preparing and implementing budgets and overseeing administrative operations including personnel, information technology, accounting, and construction.
- Excellent personal skills in working with multi-national subordinate employees, colleagues, visiting dignitaries, donors, and government officials.
- Skilled at communicating with the media.
- Skilled at strategic planning and development of goals, policies and programmes to further the protection of animals in China.
- Bi-lingual, fluent in English and Mandarin, both oral and written.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with Master degree or higher preferred.
- Has lived and worked in China within the last 10 years.
- Deep understanding of the culture and government policy.
The culture of Animals Asia is collegial, multi-cultural and progressive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, or ethnicity.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates please click Apply Now to apply job
Submit a cover letter and a resume in both English and Chinese to [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ].
Email submissions are preferred but paper applications can be sent to:
Animals Asia Foundation, 1501 Tung Hip Commercial Building, 244-252 Des Voeux Road Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong.