The Client Services Officer represents Christie’s to clients and the general public, embodying the business’ core values and upholding our Client Service Standards. The Officer handles a variety of client queries in person, on telephone, and via email as they relate to all transactional aspects of bidding, buying, selling, payment and locating property in upcoming sales. This position requires active listening, efficient problem-solving and effective judgment in addressing client queries and escalating issues as appropriate.
Specific duties & responsibilities will include but are not limited to
• 1. Client Services
- Handle general client (internal and external) enquiries across all communication channels as outlined in Client Service Standards and according to departmental guidelines including, but not limited to, view/auction information, condition, report assistance, sale results, Christie’s.com, Christie’s LIVE, Online Auctions, and any bidding and account-related matters.
- Provide general information on Christie’s to the public, including information on forthcoming sales and auction house procedures.
- Assist in gathering and recording Client Comments and survey responses.
- Liaise with back office staff on client visits to ensure comfortable meeting place is available upon their arrivals.
- Maintain record of catalogue sales and coordinate with Accounts on payment received.
- Provide onsite support at Hogn Kong Sales and coordinate with Accounts on payment received.
- Provide onsite support at Hong Kong Sales and other special events as requested.
- Maintain and refresh all signage, posters, catalogue displays, within the public spaces, including FOH, Registration and Payments.
• 2, Bid Services
- Direct communication with clients, creation of new accounts on COS.
- Managing all bids received through all channels.
- Follow correct procedures for Anti-Money Laundering, Credit Control for Clients. Liaising with respective teams responsible for this.
- Training and managing temporary staff during offsite sales.
- Sales clerking, Live clerking for each auction. Responsible for entering buying information directly onto in-house systems (JDE).
- Proficient in Christie’s Live registration and procedures.
- Registration of bids into Christie’s IT systems.
- Prepared to carry out these duties at offsite sales.
• 3. Post Sale Services
- Handle incoming funds received via all methods of payments.
- Handle client enquiries on payment received, outstanding payments or charges, and collection procedures.
- Have good knowledge of all methods of payment, credit facilities, cheque approval facilities, exchange rates, payment for lots at different Christie’s location, VAT, Sales Tax and consignment tax.
- Handle cashier inbox enquiries as allocated by Supervisor.
• BA/BS and/or 2-3 years of working experience in client service preferred
• Ability to reflect the image and standards of Christie’s in all situations in accordance with Client Service Standards
• Ability to work with clients in person and remotely
• Abilityto work professionally and responsibly with all other areas within the business
• Ability to work well as a team and promote team effectiveness
• High degree of organization with ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow up promptly
• Willingness to accept assignments with positive attitude
• Desire to learn and take on new challenges with positive attitude
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
• Commitment to regular and punctual attendance
• Flexible working hours when required, including evening and weekend sale coverage
• Excellent general IT skills and ability to learn all Christie’s systems
• Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin and English
|Job ref no.||CT3128816-01#5980|
World’s Leading Auction House
Christie’s is a name and place that speaks of extraordinary art, unparalleled service and expertise, as well as international glamour. Founded in 1766 by James Christie, Christie's has since conducted the greatest and most celebrated auctions through the centuries providing a popular showcase for the unique and the beautiful. Christie’s offers over 450 auctions annually in over 80 categories, including all areas of fine and decorative arts, jewellery, photographs, collectibles, wine, and more. Prices range from $200 to over $100 million.
Christie’s, the world's leading art business, had global auction and private sales. Our sales figures were driven by an increase in new buyers across all geographies coming to the market, including from growth markets such as China and through the Internet.
Christie's also has a long and successful history conducting private sales for its clients in all categories.
Christie’s has a global presence with 53 offices in 32 countries and 10 salerooms around the world including in London, New York, Paris, Geneva, Milan, Amsterdam, Dubai, Zürich, and Hong Kong. More recently, Christie’s has led in growth markets such as Russia, China, India and the Middle East, with successful sales, exhibitions and initiatives in Shanghai, Moscow, Baku, Beijing, Mumbai, Delhi, Jeddah, Abu Dhabi, Doha and Dubai.