CHANGE YOUR FUTURE AND THE FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN HONG KONG. JOIN OUR TEAM.
Our staff are creative, collaborative, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. They embody our core values and believe in our vision and mission. If you enjoy a work environment that is challenging, rewarding and making an impact, we invite you to consider a career with Mother’s Choice.
With the mission of Pregnant Girls Services - “A safe place where pregnant girls in crisis are embraced, equipped and empowered for a hopeful future" , we are looking for a Clinical Supervisor, at the supervisory level, to support the Manager to optimize case intervention and quality assurance provided by a team of social workers / caseworkers and work closely with the Manager to raise the standard of professional case management within the team by contributing to training initiatives and knowledge transfer that result in achieving the departmental mission and vision.
- Responsible for casework and support services to pregnant girls and their family members in crisis through a range of program activities focused on information, education, empowerment and support.
- Maintain a 20/80 ratio of direct client services (including both casework and groupwork) and clinical supervision.
- Provide guidance, supervision and consultation to caseworkers as necessary in line with agency standards and protocols, protective factors informed care and other evidence based best practices.
- Conduct individual and group supervision with supervisees on a monthly basis, including providing ongoing, regular feedback and evaluation to supervisees on the quality and timeliness of their casework as well as their caseload. Solicit feedback from supervisees regarding supervision and whether needs are being met.
- Participate as a member in the facilitation of cross departmental case meetings as required, and communicate any concerns about the effectiveness of cross services collaboration and quality of supervisees’ work to Manager in a timely manner.
- Monitor caseloads and ensure that supervisees comply with all agency and clinical, legal and ethical practices. Review and co-sign supervisees’ progress notes, case records and correspondences when indicated.
- Support supervisees in identifying professional development goals for the year, and collaboratively monitor progress toward those goals.
- Identify training needs and make recommendations to Manager.
- Work in conjunction with Manager to identify and enhance best practices in case management.
- Work closely with Youth Services Program staff to identify program needs for pregnant teens and their family members.
- Perform any other duties as identified by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work / Counseling / Family Therapy awarded by recognized universities.
- 5+ years of frontline experiences in working with youth or family services; with strong case management knowledge including assessment and clinical skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a supervisor of clinical work.
- Registered Social Worker.
- Demonstrated experience working with child protective services, juvenile justice and/or supervising work with sexually exploited and high-risk youth.
- Experience engaging, communicating and managing relationships with a diversity of stakeholders including clients and colleagues.
- Proficiency in assessment skills and a strong communicator, both written and verbal and be able to produce high standard of report writing.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team, fostering the confidence and co-operation of others within the values of the organization, and a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Must share the commitment of Mother’s Choice in upholding the safety and protection of children as paramount.
- Experienced in providing parent support and family therapy to adolescents and their families, particularly those involved in the juvenile justice system, foster care, group home or residential treatment settings.
- Clinical training and experience with trauma informed treatment models and interventions for children and families with complex trauma and attachment difficulties.
Competencies (Skills, Abilities, Knowledge):
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, trauma, chemical dependency, mental health, domestic violence and sexually exploited minors.
- Highly skilled at supervising individual and family therapy and engaging caregivers in case planning and follow-up.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with child welfare systems and services.
- Collaboration and team functioning - able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team, able to proactively collaborate with other supervisors and team heads to ensure the best possible training for supervisees and service delivery for clients
- Efficiency and time management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills