REAL Sports and Entertainment
23rd November, 2018
REAL is seeking an exceptional professional for the role of Commercial Manager to help drive the
commercial revenue across the entire events portfolio – including the world famous Hong Kong Sevens!
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in business development, partnership acquisition
and have a deep understanding of commercialising events. Reporting and working closely with the
Real CEO to create and develop specific event commercial strategies, the commercial manager will be
responsible for the execution of the strategy.
The role will focus on event business development, commercial sales partnerships, ticketing, overseas
travel programmes and licensing. Working closely with other members of the Real commercial team,
the commercial manager will play an integral part to ensure the overall Real commercial strategic
objectives are achieved.
We are searching for someone who is keen to develop their own career alongside a dynamic business
with an ambition to progress with the organization as it grows.
- Provide input and support in the development of commercial strategies for each event.
- Work with the commercial team to identify business development opportunities and take a lead role in creating business cases around new initiatives and events
- Proactively identify and develop relationships with potential partners, lead and support contract negotiations and maintain strong and effective relationships with existing commercial partners.
- Look to innovate in terms of introducing new concepts, ideas and methods to maximize and
expand commercial revenue
- Lead, develop and implement a ‘best in class’ commercial event framework that is capable of transforming commercial outcomes.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and market demands and ensure learning is integrated into
commercial sales strategy and practice.
- Ensure and manage the delivery of all contracted rights and benefits for all event partners.
Work with the event operations, marketing and commercial teams to ensure partner
requirements are met.
- Implement a robust event commercial valuation programme to justify partnership values and to use as a basis for business growth, retention and acquisition
- Create and develop key reporting documents including status reports, case studies, partner
review and commercial event review documents
- Build strong inter?departmental relationships and work as part of the team to ensure the
overall Real commercial strategic objectives are achieved. The role will work closely with the
Real sponsorship manager across the entire event portfolio.
- Minimum 3?5 years relevant experience in commercial sales and/or business development;
preferably in the sports event sector
- Proven experience in commercializing events
- Proven ability to build strong business relationships with commercial partners
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and influence
- English a must, Cantonese an advantage
- Degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication, excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work independently, self?motivated, responsible, well?organized and be comfortable to work as part of a team.
Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please apply with full
C.V. with detailed last salary, expected salary and available date of commencement if you were
offered the position to Human Resources Department, Hong Kong Rugby Union, Room 2001,
Olympic House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong or by clicking Apply Now before 23rd November, 2018
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Only short?listed candidates will be contacted directly.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
|Job ref no.||CT3117352-01#7257|
REAL Sports & Entertainment
REAL Sports & Entertainment is a wholly?owned subsidiary of the Hong Kong Rugby Union.
With over 40 years of producing the Cathay Pacific/HSBC Hong Kong Sevens and associated Sevens
Fan Festivals, in addition to two Bledisloe Cup matches and a British & Irish Lions’ match, REAL is
now looking to expand its events portfolio outside the traditional Rugby market.
As a sports and entertainment events company, the REAL team has a wealth of experience and
expertise and can offer a range of services that include event operations & logistics, marketing,
ticketing, hospitality, broadcast sales and merchandising as well as sponsorship procurement and