Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Global Communications, designs and implements communications strategies which support HSBC’s business objectives, in line with our values, and enhance and protect our reputation among key stakeholders.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Communications Manager, Hong Kong.
In this role, you will
- Utilises media relationships to deliver proactive, positive coverage for Hong Kong Retail Banking and Wealth Management priorities and campaigns
- Identifies opportunities for cross border and cross business media activity in support of key trade and business corridors or collaboration efforts
- Responds quickly to a crisis, escalating appropriately and advising the business on reputation risk, calmly guiding them through what they should and should not communicate
- Uses media measurement to inform and guide media activity
- Delivers global employee campaigns locally ensuring the messages match HSBC's values and resonate appropriately with the relevant audiences, adjusting them accordingly for country audience
- Strict adherence to the global Media Relations Governance Policy
- Collates existing insight from HSBC's internal measurement, for example Snapshot, Exchange, Global People Survey to inform decision making and priortise communication activity
- Identifies themes and issues from multiple sources and pulls it together into a concise and insightful summary
- Utilises research and develop insights to provide communications counsel and help inform Retail Banking and Wealth Management Hong Kong Executive Committee and as needed
- Identifies stories, pictures or metaphors that will help bring information and data to life in a way that will resonate with the audience ensuing alignment to the business priorities
- Understands the benefits and drawbacks of different communications channels and identifies and selects which to use and when.
- Drive relevant Retail Banking and Wealth Management campaigns
- Proactively builds relationships with key local stakeholders, using expertise to provide communication insight
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Broad knowledge of communications trends and international best practice.
- Strong communications experience and understanding of the financial sector, media environment and culture.
- Proven ability to operate within a global matrix and prioritise competing demands.
- Proven ability to align to a global strategy, whilst maintaining an awareness of local sensitivities and nuance.
- Strong storytelling and presentation skills and ability to produce clear, engaging narrative.
- Strong interpersonal skills, personal presence and credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Strategic planning and project management skills.
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity and pressurised situations.
- Proven crisis management skills.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000C7KK
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited