This is a unique and important role for ESF. The refurbishment of the historic Island School campus in Borrett Road, Hong Kong is our biggest ever capital project.
What we are looking for is someone who can work with the team to find all of the great stories about the project and get them out through the usual communications channels. However, we also want someone who can be the face of the project in the local community. Someone who is able to speak to residents about the work and the impact on their area.
The successful candidate will be all round communicator – able to get across a message on paper, on digital and face to face.
Proactive Project Communications
- Develop and maintain project communications materials that showcase the progress of the project and the positive impact it will have on Hong Kong. This will include newsletters, social media content and proactive media relations.
- To act as the first port of call for any media enquires relating to the Island School project
- To work with the project team to ensure that the community surrounding the Island School site are kept fully informed about the works and their impact.
This is a 3-year contract position.
- excellent hands-on experience producing high quality, shareable content
- working on a project (infrastructure project an advantage)
- Microsoft Office software including Publisher & Powerpoint
- Graphic and website design software
- Social media
- Attention to detail
- Able to multitask
- Communication (English & Cantonese an advantage)
- Interpersonal skills
- Independent, competent to work under pressure
- Interest in working with students
- Good time management skills
- Proactive working attitude, result orientated
- Team player
Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
Closing Date: 28 Oct 2018
For enquiries, please contact Rob Shorthouse at [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ].
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.