Salary: $52.5 per hour
Entry Requirements: (1) (i) Level 2 or equivalent or above in five subjects including Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (Note 1), or equivalent; or
(ii) Level 2 (Note 2) / Grade E or above in five subjects including Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) (Note 2), or equivalent;
(2) Able to speak fluent Cantonese and write fair Chinese and English;
(3) Proficient in Chinese and English computer applicatons (e.g. Chinese word processing, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access) are preferred.
Note: (1) 'Attained' in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2) ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 2’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
Duties: (1) to assist in organising Mutual Aid Committees(MACs) and Owners’ Corporations(OCs);
(2) to attend MACs, OCs, owners' committees' meetings and owners meetings;
(3) to visit and liaise with MACs, OCs, owners committees and buildings, prepare reports and input data; perform other related duties as and when required.
(4) to assist in implementing community activities.
(5) to provide support in data processing.
Terms of Appointment: (1) Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms, renewable subject to appointees' satisfactory performance;
(2) Working Hours : Subject to operational need, may be required to work weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays at designated time including nighttime;
(3) Place of Work : Wan Chai District, and other locations as assigned; may be required to work outdoor.
How to apply: Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment ServicesDivision, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed application form with copies of the relevant supporting documents should reach Wan Chai District Office, Rm 2103, 21/F, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Attn: Building Management Section on or before 6:00PM of the closing date for application. Please specify on the envelope “Application for Community Organizer". Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without copies of the relevant supporting documents will not be considered. Applicants who are not invited for interview within 4 weeks from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Enquiry Address: Wan Chai District Office, Rm 2103, 21/F, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong (Ms LAU)
Enquiry Telephone: 28351999
Closing Date(dd/mm/yyyy): 30/12/2016 23:59:00
General Notes: (a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.