As a compliance advisory professional, you will work closely with wealth management business, legal, risk, operations, IT and other compliance team members to address regulatory matters encountered by wealth management business (including brokerage) in Hong Kong. This person will be able to gain exposure to the compliance functions in relation to wealth management
- Assist Compliance Director and/or Senior Manager to provide daily compliance advice to business
- Assess sufficiency of internal controls and compliance risks in respect of existing and new business activities and products
- Draft and review internal policies and procedures
- Review agreements, marketing materials and trade documents
- Assist stakeholders and compliance team to keep abreast of regulatory developments and changes and assess the potential impact on the business and process, identify gaps between internal policies / procedures and new regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with business, legal and risk functions on regulatory issues.
- Liaise with regulators and handle regulatory inquiries, on-site and off-site inspections, questionnaires and surveys independently.
- Collaborate with business to establish sound internal controls to mitigate compliance risks.
- Prepare training materials and provide training to business units and support functions.
- Handle ad hoc requests such as participation in specific projects
- Bachelor’s degree / relevant professional qualification in financial industries
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in financial industries, with at least 4 to 5 years of relevant experience in compliance / control functions. Regulatory background will be also considered
- Sound knowledge of the SFC and HKEx rules and regulations and familiar with industry practices
- Good understanding on the regulatory framework of private banking or wealth management and brokerage business and investment products preferred
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment
- Able to manage execution under pressure with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Good in both written and spoken English and Chinese
*Candidates with less experience will be considered as Compliance Manager