FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Mathematics
The Department has launched cutting-edge academic programmes and actively involved in many areas of research. It also has advanced computing facilities, as well as dedicated staff to support our academic programmes and research. We are looking for a high calibre candidate to fill the following position:
Computer Systems Officer (PR0196/21-22)
- Provide information technology technical support on hardware and software issues to departmental users;
- Provide technical support in using various e-Learning and video conference systems/tools;
- Perform installation and configurations of operating systems and applications for different computer hardware;
- Perform server administration and configuration;
- Assist in the maintenance of software and hardware inventory record;
- Assist in the maintenance of audio/visual equipment;
- Undertake any ad-hoc information technology-related tasks as required; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Engineering or related disciplines;
- Three years of work experience in information technology support;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MacOS and Linux;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Excellent computer operation skills and strong problem-solving skills.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of two years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 12 November 2021
|Job ref no.||PR0196/21-22|