- Contribute to the high-performing holistic commercial cost reporting function
o Review and validate all variations on a monthly basis with the local Commercial Team to ensure that they have been included in the monthly cost reports and also that they have been reasonably valued (within certain ranges if appropriate).
o Proactively work with the local CCM and Estimating teams and the QS Consultant to review and interrogate the commercial information and prepare monthly Commercial Summary Updates and Estimated Final Cost for the local Project.
o Manage the Trend Management Review Process while working closely with the local Estimating Team and Development Management Team to review the monthly Trend Report and incorporate Trend items that have not been captured in the Variations report into the monthly cost report (where appropriate).
o Review and manage the quantification of Risk Items in the Risk Register and manage and report on the Contingency and Retained Reserve.
o Review the updated monthly cost report information with the Finance Department and help it in preparing their monthly financial report.
o Provide oversight on Interim Payments and Final Accounts in relation to the budget.
- Implement programme of Reporting
o Liaise with Finance, Property and the local CCM Team to provide budget and forecast reports as required to support their respective decision making
o Formulate and execute reporting on a monthly basis
Support the local Procurement in CCM role
o Working with the QS consultant, Site commercial team, legal department and other internal stakeholders to complete the tender documentation
o Working closely with the CTR Strategic Procurement team to manage the Commercial procurement function and working with your QS/SQS to prepare the commercial tender queries, prepare the commercial assessment and prepare the approval memorandum to strict procurement timelines.
o Review and respond to commercial tender qualifications and actively participate in the commercial negotiations with the CCM commercial team and the tenderers.
o Review and liaise with the local CCM team, local procurement team and legal department to help prepare the contract documents, letters of award and supplemental agreements.
o Review local PRC Contracts and provide commercial management support to the government liaison team.
- Review and oversight of Pre-Tender Estimates from QS Consultant
o Review, vet and benchmark pre-tender estimates prepared by the QS consultant and prepare reports
Provide strategic commercial and contract management on claims
o Working with the local CCM, Engineering and Programme management teams to review claims from Main Contractor, NSCs, Direct contracts and consultants.
o Provide claims strategy, structure and management of the claims process to ensure timely response to claims issues.
o Review and advise on the need for external claims support if required
- Other tasks as required and advised by supervisor
- Have direct Supervisory responsibility for 2 Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor and QS Consultant RSS
You should have:
- Bachelor degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent with professional qualifications inrelated disciplines (Essential)
- Chartered Member HKIS / RICS or equivalent professional body (Essential)
- Work within a fast-moving commercial environment for at least 10 years (Essential)
- Client and/or consultancy experience
- Minimum seven years’ post-professional qualification experience
- Minimum 15 years’ experience with 10 years relevant post-qualified work experience, in construction or property industry, and with at least 5 years’ experience working in China.
- Client, contractor and/or consultancy experience
- Experience in leading major projects/programmes of work (Essential)
- Proven track record in driving a commercial and value agenda for major programmes of work (Desirable)
- Current knowledge of industry leading practices and a willingness to stay up to date (Essential)
- Deep knowledge of and relationships in the China construction market (Desirable)
- Track record in optimising value and risk mitigation (Desirable)
- Excellent commercial negotiation skills (Essential)
- Experience in working in a leading client organisation (Desirable)
- Languages: English (fluent), Cantonese, Putonghua (Fluent)
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference by clicking the Apply Now button or to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong