What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role on the COO team, you will report directly to the Asia Corporate Services Risk officer.
You will closely work with the Corporate Services functions such as Property / Real Estate Management, Security & Investigation, Travel, Corporate Information Management, Location Strategy, Branch Management etc. to focus on the team’s strategic objectives ensuring governance, risk controls and smooth business operations.
The main responsibility is to provide support for the day – to – day risk management activities with exposure to Technology & Transformation Initiatives, Employee Engagement, Vendor and Finance Management within the office of the COO for Corporate Services.
- Support Operational Risk Management Activities: By coordinating incident & risk logging, analyzing, reporting, training and related deliverable
- Technology Risk Management: partner with Morgan Stanley Technology Risk department to support delivery of Firmwide technology related risk program
1. Perform review and approval on operational technology entitlement
2. Support functional team in remediation work
3. Plan and execute preventive program on information security activities
4. Act as CS Information Security Officer Delegate and coordinate associated deliverables
- Third Party Program Management (TPPM): work with the TPPM & Vendor Management team to deliver the Firmwide program (TPPM includes internal cross entities outsourcing as well as external vendor engagement)
- Internal Audit Engagement: Interface with internal audit along with the COO & Risk Officer on all audit related activities and co-ordinate with various CS functions to track Audits and CS issues
- Business Continuity Planning:
1. Act as a liaison to Business Continuity Management (BCM) team to support planning and testing of CS business continuity planning.
2. Assist in carrying out crisis table top exercise as part of the testing / training program
3. Continue to work with global team to develop and refine best practice within CS on BCP activities
- Maintain current knowledge of the risk space and best practices and apply knowledge where practicable to the CS department.
- Collaborate with the Asia Corporate Services COO management team for initiatives touching Finance, Risk and Engagement
- Process improvement – Support the risk team to continuously review and improve current processes, including leveraging Centralized Reporting & Metrics team to support “First line of Control"
- Global engagement – partner with the other regional risk managers to understand, leverage and consistently implement cross regional best practices.
What You Will Need to Succeed in this Role
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate these core competencies:
- Risk Management - experience in risk management role and an eagerness to learn and ask questions.
- Execution – to complete deliverables as per timelines and with a strong attention to details.
- Effective Communication – to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders both internally within the COO office and widely within the firm with control group partners.
To be successful in this role, you will have these technical skills, degree(s) or knowledge:
- Strong ethics and willingness to learn new skills or topics
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills with an inquisitive and resilient mind to explore creative and innovative solutions
- Understand organizational processes, tracking and reporting requirements
- Good project management skills
- Ability to prioritized workload and has a high degree of commitment to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to engage at executive level
- Operational (non-market) Risk Management exposure in a financial services firm
To be successful in this role, you will have additional experience in or are required to:
- You will have 5+ years of Risk Management exposure in a financial services firm
- Excellent performance record in working with stakeholders (both internal and external) at all levels
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural and global matrix organization
- Experience in working in the banking industry is an advantage
What’s Preferred for this Role:
To give you an extra boost, you will benefit from:
- Experience in Technology Risk, Business Continuity or working in the COO office
- Medium to advanced proficiency in computer literacy. For example, MS Power Point & excel
- Understanding of cultural nuances across the Asia region
Take a Peek at Where You’ll Be Working
- Competitive salary and eligibility for annual bonus
- Expansive health benefits coverage
- Flexible working arrangements (dependent on role & job responsibilities)
- Access to a wide range of work and life services covering family care, elder care, education, shopping discounts, financial products, and health & wellness
- Ability to grow and shape your career with career development and training resources (online and custom programs) as well as mobility support within the department and Firm
- Opportunity for networking, relationship-building, mentorship, and educational sessions across different teams in the division
- Teambuilding, social, and community activities such as team socials, holiday celebrations, Quiz Night fundraisers, volunteer events, and more
- A diverse and inclusive workplace that supports Firm wide and divisional employee networks, event programming, and access to continuing education and awareness
- A culture that is underpinned by our five core values:
- Do The Right Thing (Acting with integrity and valuing and rewarding honesty and character)
- Put Clients First (Keeping the client’s interest first and working together to deliver the best of the Firm)
- Lead With Exceptional Ideas (Leveraging different perspectives and driving innovation)
- Commit to Diversity & Inclusion (Valuing individual and cultural differences as a defining strength)
- Give Back (Serving our communities generously with our expertise, time, and money)
Interested parties please click Apply Now to apply job.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
|Job ref no.||3173819 (CT3126125-01#0887)|