The Country Manager leads the local organization through its transformation to create a new Pfizer – one that is science-based, innovative, and patient-focused. The Country Manager is responsible for leading, managing and developing the business in Hong Kong and Macau to achieve and outperform its strategic goals and financial objectives. He/she represents Pfizer before the healthcare environment and works proactively to influence the internal and external environment in accordance with Pfizer’s core values and global strategies. The complexity and scope of this position requires a constant balancing of priorities, adapting to ever-changing internal and external environments, and acting independently using sound business judgment and decision-making. The organization has over 100+ colleagues. Its 2021 revenue target is USD148M.
Country Manager Responsibilities:
- Single-face-of-Pfizer for healthcare environment issues management, market access negotiation for portfolio as a whole and representative of Pfizer.
- Pfizer value proposition to pharmacies, hospital groups, large institutions, government and other payers in a private pay market.
- Represent Pfizer in industry and other trade organizations
- Ensure optimal allocation of resources for the attainment of business goals and the financial control of the business.
- Identify and represent the service level needs of the country to the enabling functions. Identify priorities with the platform functions. Ensure all businesses are served effectively by the shared functions, and coordinate key field force agreements, where required.
- Legal and fiduciary responsibilities, compliance management and relationship with pharma association.
- Keep frequent communication and coordination with the Leadership Team and involve them when necessary, as well as the corresponding platform and enabling function leaders for robust decision making.
- Lead the roll-out of regional/global initiatives, communication and policies.
- Anticipate, influence and appropriately respond to developments in the legal and regulatory environments.
- Ensure the successful identification, planning and exploitation of new product and new business opportunities and partnerships to develop the business in line with PBG strategic directions. Ensure successful integration derived from potential acquisitions and alliances.
- Develop an organization that brings to life the focus on Bold Moves and Big Ideas and establish an environment anchored in our Values and Behavior. Attract, develop and retain key talent and develop leaders in the organization. Energize and inspire colleagues at all levels to generate commitment to the business and ensure the creation of a climate and values which will support short- and long-term business success.
- Ensure compliance of regulations and Pfizer policies at all levels of the organization and ingrain a strong culture of Winning the Right Way
Qualifications (Training, Education & Prior Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree is a must
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree strongly preferred
- Extensive Pharmaceutical and broader healthcare business knowledge in both Government and self-pay markets or similar markets in the region preferred.
- Change Leader/Prior experience in managing transformation.
- Leadership - growing and inspiring others to bring their best
- Commercial Excellence - Setting a strategy to continue to evolve the go-to-market/business model
- Lifecycle Management - Managing a portfolio with different product lifecycle stages
- Internal Ambassador - Leading and partnering with others to bring value to our patients
- P&L Accountability - Managing a full portfolio and deliver profitable growth
- External Ambassador - Leading the conversation to positively influence the external environment
- Consistently demonstrates and models the Pfizer values
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Mkt & Sales/Commercial Bus
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.