Who we are
We design and sell fun and educational Science and Arts D.I.Y projects for children aged 3-12 through our award-winning brand - Tinkerer. At Tinkerer, we believe in creative confidence and immersive learning, two qualities that prepare kids to think big and learn for life. From constructing to crafting, we have deep appreciation for creative, hands-on projects that inspire children’s curiosity.
What are we looking for
We’re looking for a Craft Artist to join our team and lead the development of compelling creative art projects for kids from 3-12 years old. As a craft artist, you will be working with many different materials, including glass, textiles, wood and paper. When it comes to textile, you will use fabric, yarn, or other natural and synthetic materials to weave, knit, crochet, or sew textile art. You will also use fine-art techniques—for example, painting, sketching, and printing—to add finishing touches to the products.
You will need to be a person who enjoys crafts in general, willing to experiment, brainstorm new technique of making as well as searching for creative materials to accomplish the design task. At Tinkerer, our mission is to drive the innovation and creativity of 21st-century kids. With that being said, we constantly look for doing things in a creative way. So to fit in this job, you need to be a person who can think out of the box and willing to follow trial and error process until finding an original solution.
You will be responsible for owning and driving the development of projects from initial conception through to manufacturing. You are a pro at all aspects of the design process, can efficiently and effectively drive project timelines, and can prioritize to balance and hit company quality and budget targets.
In your design work, you will be handling craft projects such as screen-printing, cyanotype, needle felting and so on.
• Ideation, brainstorming, and research of hands-on product concepts.
• Use techniques such as knitting, weaving, painting, drawing, and sculpturing
• Develop creative ideas or new methods for making art
• Create sketches, templates, or models to guide the making process
• Research and select which creative materials
• Prototyping and design iteration.
• Product testing and analysis of user feedback.
• Material sourcing and sampling.
• You work closely with our Editorial team to create compelling and clear instructions sets, as well as magazine content and DIY activities.
As a start-up celebrating creativity and development, we believe and encourage the same in our team. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must also be a strong project manager, capable of simultaneously driving timelines, while balancing product priorities and broader company objectives.
• Experience: 0-3 years crafting or teaching children arts experience.
• Strong physical prototyping skills. You’re a maker at heart and love getting creative with your hands. Taking an idea from your head to a physical prototype and then rapidly iterating comes naturally
• Effective problem solver, with a hands-on “get things done" mentality. You are eager and able to solve challenges and tackle opportunities, identify potential issues and hurdles, and develop ways to get around them. You can adapt quickly to figure out innovative ways to get things done.
• Solid project management skills and the ability to multitask. Effective prioritization and organization to stay positive and proactive in an ambiguous environment is a must
Interested parties please click Apply Now to apply job.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
|Job ref no.||CT3130529-01#1353|
Seal Technology (Hong Kong) focuses on K12 STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) education. Through our award-wining brand, Tinkerer, we offers children aged 3-12 an exciting journey to make, create and learn. With our monthly Tinkerer STEAM boxes delivered to our customers' doorstep, children are given opportunities to learn through play and build the creative confidence. Within an hour or two, our little scientists, technologists, engineers and artists will turn the high-quality materials we provided into something beyond their imagination, explore the science and engineering principals behind, make their own artistic design and learn through our TinkerZine (an age-appropriated, educational and fun magazine designed by our educational specialists).
In our Tinkerer team, we are teachers, engineers, scientists and artists but every single of us is a tinkerer. We love to challenge the norm, create a smart solution, hand build working models, try until succeed and offer the best to our customers. We are proud of our creative, challenging but rewarding working culture. If you are someone with a similiar mindset, please drop us a message and we will get back to you soon.