We are seeking a talented Curriculum and Instruction Manager, interested in being the main point of contact for Generation Curriculum in Hong Kong and planning, managing, and delivering onboarding and professional development to Generation instructors in Hong Kong. You will liaise with the Global Curriculum and Instruction Team to help tailor content for the chosen professions to the country context and will be responsible for gathering data and feedback for continuous improvement of the content in collaboration with the Global Curriculum lead. You will also be responsible for the training and onboarding of instructors on the Generation methodology to be able to deliver this training in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities may include:
- Program Design
- Support activity mapping with Global Curriculum Lead, working with employers to surface the activities and skills that should be integrated into a curriculum for new professions.
- Liaise with stakeholders (e.g., technical experts, training delivery partners) to gather inputs needed for curriculum design and to obtain feedback on design as needed.
- Collaborate with Global Curriculum Lead in the design process, ensuring content and activities are relevant and appropriate for the Hong Kong context.
- Support any logistics or communication with stakeholders associated with activity mapping and/or curriculum design.
- Instructor Onboarding
- Design and customize onboarding agendas and session plans to lead trainings with Generation instructors.
- Facilitate online and / or in-person onboarding for Generation instructors, engaging them in an adult-appropriate, participatory way.
- Collect and evaluate data before, during, and after onboarding and trainings to identify lessons learned and any additional support for instructors.
- Instructor Professional Development & Classroom Delivery
- Conduct regular classroom visits for instructors using relevant observation tools (e.g., instructional delivery checklist or instructional effectiveness rubric).
- Analyze observation evidence to determine instructor strengths, areas for improvement, and progress toward development goals.
- Deliver professional development to instructors (e.g., coaching, refresher training, etc.) to help them improve their delivery the Generation methodology and instructional practice.
- Create culture and community among instructors, motivating them and their participants to reach their full potential and invest in Generation’s mission.
- Program Learning and Improvement
- Identify session design and classroom delivery opportunities, challenges, and lessons learned, communicating that information to the Curriculum & Instruction Team.
- Collaborate with Curriculum & Instruction Team and country team to resolve programmatic issues that affect curriculum design, instruction, and program operations.
- Support the Curriculum Lead revising curricula based on lessons learned.
- Provide feedback on global training approaches and tools that are used to support instructor development.
Mindsets & Experience
- Recommended minimum 4+ years direct supervisory or management experience, preferably in a commercial organisation.
- At least 3-5 years of experience designing and delivering multi-week training programs.
- At least 1 year experience coaching or providing support to instructors.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working with educational institutions, and/or has knowledge of current trends in adult learning, issues and the players in the skills training landscape
- Graduate in any field with strong academic track record; Post graduation will be an added advantage
- Creative and analytical thinker with a track record of managing projects and delivering operational targets
- Professional demeanour, excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills (English required, local language good to have) and attention to detail
- High degree of independence and experience with self-management
- Interest in leading a community based coalition that stretches across multiple local organisations
- Self-reflective and open to frequent feedback from Generation students and the Generation team
- Positive, solutions orientated attitude, drive for excellence and ability to be a team player
- Entrepreneurial, creative, proactive mindset required of start-ups that takes ownership for targets and seeks opportunities for improvement / growth of the programme without guidance
- The candidate should be open to occasional travel to other Generation sites as per the needs of the program (currently operational in 13 locations worldwide)
Interested applicants should submit a (1) resume and (2) cover letter to us. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.