The Customer and International Business Development Division (C&I) is responsible for providing quality wagering experience marketing, and CRM to local and overseas customers of the Hong Kong Jockey Club. The ultimate aim is to provide an impressive total customer experience leading to sustainable turnover growth in a responsible manner.
With over 100 off-course betting branches and 2 racecourses, Retail Department is committed to provide quality and efficient service to our customers throughout Hong Kong.
The job holder reports to Machine Learning and Data Intelligence Support Manager (Retail)
- Conduct research and development work on AI/ML models for strategic projects.
- Work closely with IT department to strategize and execute the development of data products within secured environment.
- Drive the development of advanced visualization tools to track performance of Retail department by leveraging available internal and external data source.
- Streamline team’s existing data processing and management workflow to achieve a long-term efficiency and implement improvements as needed to operational systems.
- Provide support on various ad hoc data requests from Retail Management.
- Prepare presentation materials to communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders.
- Achieve other project-based tasks assigned by the management.
You should have
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Quantitative Finance, or Business related discipline, Master s or Ph. D. is preferred
- Minimal 3 years relevant working experience in data science related fields
- High independence, strong business acumen and high level of analytical ability
- Proven knowledge in advanced machine learning models and practical experience in data mining
- Able to write production code in R/Python, familiar with VBA, Java or C++ is an asset
- Extensive experience with Excel, SQL, and other database querying tools is a must
- Experience with one of the following - Cloud Computing, Linux, Docker, Pig, Kubernetes is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both written / spoken English and Chinese
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.