About Your Role
The Data Solutions Specialist manages our customers’ variable data for printed labeling. Examples include price tags containing data such as item prices, sizes, and bar codes as well as care and content labels – either printing and shipping to the customer or enabling the customer to print themselves. This process requires taking data from our customers’ IT systems and integrating it into Avery Dennison’s software solutions, which enable the variable data (prices, sizes, etc.) to print correctly on tags and labels. The process includes collaboration with Sales forming the general strategy, conducting software demos as needed, and serving as the customer-facing variable data expert. Once an opportunity has been identified that will require variable data and/or online ordering, the DataSolutions Specialist engages directly with the customer to analyze their existing business data systems and take the technical steps to map and integrate the customer's’ data into the Avery Dennison system/software. This role analyzes how data (prices, sizes, etc.) is input into the customer's system, what it means while in their system, and how we can map the data into Avery Dennison’s systems to enable printing.
- Function as a primary and direct point of contact for retailers and brand owners to provide critical business/technical analysis for development needs related to variable data products and online ordering solutions
- Provide guidance to customers and internal teams on optimal solution for both parties
- Investigate and resolve customer and production issues through use of systems or communication with production sites and various support teams
- Prepare project plan to coordinate the activities with the customer as well as Avery Dennison internal teams to establish data transfer and/or successfully deploy online ordering solutions. Identify and manage to the project milestones and ensure dates and quality are met for new programs/changes to program ordering solutions
- Prepare Statement of Work hosting functional and data requirements for program design, schedule, and implementation
- Lead calls with IT, Sales, Development & Ops teams to ensure all requirements are understood and fulfilled
- Ensure variable data programs and amendments are implemented on time across global locations utilising agreed tools, systems and processes
- Ensure functional and data requirements needs are met by preparing a test plan and performing end to end testing which may include final User Acceptance Test (UAT) with customer
- Provide direction to Customers and to Sales concerning variable data product lines and backend systems supporting operations and ordering solutions that optimize customer’s global trim supply chain; attend customer meetings to discuss and present solutions
- Build and maintain data structure and production information into front end system and customer ordering page in the online ordering solution.
- Collaborate with Commercial and internal product development teams to ensure artwork and variable data requirements are fully captured using the DRF tool
- Collaborate with Operations teams and provide training to enable effective roll out and ongoing troubleshooting to resolve issues
- May provide coaching and support to other team members
- Support or take the lead on strategic, high growth, complex or new accounts
- Strong interest in information technology solutions and data analysis.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong customer relationships Commercial acumen and strategic thinking
- Able to provide coaching and provide training/guidance to others in the team
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized while managing multiple projects to completion against tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, investigative mindset and a keenness to resolve and find the cause of problems
- Highly effective oral and written communication and presentation skills with both internal and external customers
- PC skills, which may include but not limited to: G Suite by Google, Word, Excel, Access
- Self motivated with ability to work independently under own initiative, take ownership and drive for solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge gained through training and experience
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to be flexible towards working hours and occasional off-site travel
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, dis-ability, protected veteran status or other protected status.
We offer long-term career development opportunities, attractive remuneration package and fringe benefits including 5-day work, group life and medical insurance, and retirement benefits to the right candidates.
For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.averydennison.com .
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.