Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Innovation Manager, Strategy.
In this role, you will
- Work with others across markets, functions, and disciplines to inspire and drive digital proposition strategy and emerging technologies including but not limited to artificial intelligence, distributed ledger technology, Internet of Things
- Assist with strategy for specific digital retail banking propositions as well as partner and ecosystem road maps using market research and in depth knowledge of competitors and user pain points
- Execute data based, strategic analysis for new value proposition, positioning, pricing, competitive benchmarking and forecasting
- Develop and validate hypotheses for emerging business models, may involve any of the following, scenario analysis, quantitative modelling, sensitivity analysis
- Assist in testing product market fit in terms of geographic and demographic market selection, market entry, and go to market considerations
- Assess capabilities and help source data for buy build partner decision criteria in terms of cost, timing, feasibility, and fit
- Populate robust business plans and three year plans that provide the management team with a vision of the future profit and loss of the product roadmap
- Engage partners alongside operations and engineering teams to support product design development and launch
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Experience in technology and media strategy consulting, commercial strategy, planning or corporate development at a technology firm or digital part of a financial organization, with experience at a top tier organization preferred, example McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Oliver Wyman, Roland Berger, Deloitte Monitor, PwC Strategy, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Alibaba, Tencent, Baidu, Apple, Samsung
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to move from detail to executive level strategy and to develop succinct, convincing C level presentations.
- Experience with creating high value opportunities within a technical environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and the ability to communicate with cross business teams, staffing and other partners.
- Strong intellectual horsepower, effective interpersonal skills, positive attitude, strong work ethics, high level of cultural adaptability and flexibility.
- Working technical knowledge of ICT and ability to grasp and explain technologies quickly.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly diverse team, to thrive with ambiguity, and to work with different teams of technologists, designers, vendors, and partners.
- Extensive experience with quantitative financial modeling and reporting across multiple sources of data, these may be linked through pivot tables, lookups, conditional formulas or more emergent analytical methods
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000B15C
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited