Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Platform Support Manager.
In this role, you will
- Proactively share best practice and educate the stakeholders on tangible actions taken to mitigate a future occurrence of reactive incidents
- Lead and own escalation calls with management in the business and HTS when an incident severity is classified High or Medium
- Review and make recommendations to functional manager to improve the processes and procedures for managing live incidents and potential incidents based on PIR and root cause data
- Ensure that all the Digital Platform Support teams based in Hong Kong and United Kingdom maintain 24.7 monitoring and reporting support for all actual and potential incidents across the globe
- Actively participate in regular discussions with senior stakeholders in region or country to agree the risk appetite and maintain and review the subsequent rules in place to categorise incidents
- As representing the business interests during actual and potential incidents the individual must be tough and not afraid to push for resolutions with senior management within HTS and other trigger areas
- Maintaining trusting relationships with stakeholders and contact points within HTS
- Translating complex technical incidents in business language that stakeholders can understand and base decisions against
- Able to remain calm and focused at all times due to conflicting demands. Be able to prioritise incidents and impact to business and customers quickly and clearly
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Experience in customer focused support teams, in disciplines such as digital, HTS or change management
- Experience in building and maintaining strong, cross country team working relationships
- Awareness of Global Service Platform and Mobile Service Platform technologies and ability to translate into business speak
- Excellent understanding of project methodology, frameworks and best practice
- Subject Matter Expertise of channel, including technical, commercial, market place and customer considerations
- Strong risk focus, ability to balance these risks against the impact to either the customers or bank and act accordingly
- Experience in strategy and structure formation and operational planning
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
- Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments based on data and understand the implications
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal stakeholders with conflicting priorities
- High level of resilience and self motivation. Willing to be firm with other areas when getting to a root cause or when agreed timeframes are compromised
- Innovative, the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all 5 regions
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000BD4J
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited