Digital Project Manager / Assistant Digital Project Manager (Design and Technical projects)
The Digital Project Manager is a key role within the team maintaining the workflow of the company. You will be responsible for overseeing project management, internal resource management and external sourcing of specialist partners. You will be working across various digital media disciplines from media development to web design to print production. The primary objective of the Digital Project Manager is to efficiently plan, protect the project’s scope and manage the flow of our agency resources to deliver projects on time and to our high standards.
You will be working closely with the whole team, but in particular with the Creative Director and Head of Web Development.
Projects range from:
- Manage and lead the end-to-end digital project process – from project initiation including gathering requirements, scoping, costing, planning and feasibility for products, platform and web/app development.
- Attend meetings with potential clients to answer their questions and gather requirements to help build a quotation.
- To be able to clearly understand and explain the project requirements to both clients and the team. The client needs to sign off your documentation so they need to be able to clearly understand what you have written. You will need to clearly explain to the team what needs to be done.
- Generate quotation documents for clients along with the technical team.
- Generate SOWs for each project along with the technical team.
- Generate project plans including sprints and gantt charts.
- Creating and checking tickets on PM software.
- Protecting project scope and re-quoting for new requirements if required.
- Daily contact with the designers and developers to ensure projects are kept on track.
- Liaise with the clients on a day-to-day basis to ensure both smooth communication between the client and the team so no misunderstandings occur and encourage the client to provide content and feedback in a timely manner so the project isn’t delayed.
- Check what the client has communicated to you to make sure that is makes sense and if not ask for more details before passing along that information.
- Build a good rapport with the clients and inform them of any delays or problems in the project as soon as they occur so the client is kept up-to-date.
- Remove any obstacles from the project in a timely manner – regular check-ins with designers and developers to find out if there is anything you can help with and resolve.
- Excellent documentation skills from developing schedules to user flows, wireframes, gantt charts, information architecture design. These should be living documents, which you regularly update. If a project is delayed you should be updating the gantt chart and informing the client.
- 4+ years working in digital agency environment
- Experience working on web projects is essential.
- Excellent client facing experience with great communication in English and Chinese – both written and spoken. You will need to elicit their requirements, often when they don't really know what they are themselves.
- Goal orientated with exceptional organisational skills. You will be expected to manage multiple projects at once with varying deadlines.
- Able to work at a fast-pace in a changeable environment. You will need to be able to think quickly and re-prioritise at a moments notice.
- Be able to work independently.
- Expert end-to-end project management skills with experience in different methodologies (including waterfall and agile).
- Experienced in running a variety of digital projects.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver project on time and guide teams to deliver more engaging and innovative work.
- A keen eye for detail – you will need to test projects are working according to the spec and that the web/app coding exactly matches the approved.
- Experience in using PM software (such as OpenProject, Jira, Redmine, etc).
- Review projects once completed to see what lessons have been learnt to improve future projects.
- F luency in both spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin as you will need to communicate to clients. All documentation will be written in English.
- Able to understand complex technical concepts and issues. You will need to communicate to both clients and the team. You will need to understand what the developers are telling you and be able to pass that information along.
- Able to deliver bad news on projects to clients if the situation ever occurs.
Nice to have (but not required)
- Sound knowledge on common development language, technologies, SEM, SEO and web analytics.
- A recognised PM qualification such as CSM or PMP would be an advantage.
- Immediately available is preferred.
- Pre-sales experience would be beneficial – meeting potential clients during the quotation phase.
- Experience using Wordpress/Woocommerce, Magento, Drupal, Laravel would be beneficial.
If you have previously applied for a PM position you are welcome to apply again. Please state expected salary on your application and your availability.
If you are selected for an interview please bring along examples of any previous documentation, gantt charts, projects plans, SOW, etc that you might have to show us.
We're looking forward to meeting you in person!
|Job ref no.||CT3128012-01#7273|
Advertising Agency Hong Kong
WECREATE is an allround advertising agency with offices in Amsterdam and Hong Kong. Because of the close connection between our offices, we offer Dutch quality design in Hong Kong.
We specialize in branding, web design, e-commerce solutions and app development. We offer everything to build a strong brand, product or company. How? We develop coherent strategies, design strong logos, make distinctive corporate identities, design pixel perfect websites, build solid e-commerce solutions, contrive user friendly apps, invent catchy packaging, come up with striking brochures & create creative advertisements.