Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you will continue to be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, remember how diversity drives success right here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Resource Enablement Specialist.
In this role, you will
- Operational management of the Digital headcount, including tracking of both business and HSBC Operations Service Technology resources across the business frameworks.
- Analyse consultant and contractor costs and make recommendations to transition to alternative low cost solutions, ensuring support is provided to enable the necessary recruitment activity and following up on agreed actions to ensure budget commitments are met.
- Track, manage and report on Digital skills and competencies by working closely with Disciplines and Communities.
- Provision of a best in class service for all Digital customers by creating and managing front door processes to ensure appropriate levels of governance, maintaining service excellence at all times.
- Supporting delivery management activity by taking ownership of resource plans across the Digital portfolio.
- Working with delivery leads to build workable resource roadmaps, within allocated budgets and achieving the right balance of permanent versus temporary, high cost versus low cost locations.
- Responsible for scenario planning and providing project or resource information on which prioritisation decisions can be made for local or regulatory projects or non-HSBC Digital Solutions portfolio projects.
- Supporting implementation and ongoing maintenance of resource and planning tools Clarity or GPDM to underpin an effective operation and accurate re-charging.
- Supporting product and platform delivery teams with pro-active resource planning and enablement activity, leading on behalf of the enablement clusters.
- Working collaboratively with delivery partners including Digital Enablement Team such as Finance, Vendor Management, in-country digital teams, Technology teams, Human Resources, Procurement and Legal
- Supporting delivery teams by ensuring resource plans align to agreed budgets and location strategy, making clear recommendations to adjust plans where necessary.
- Working alongside Digital Finance to ensure all Digital costs or deliverables are planned, funded and communicated effectively.
- Working with third party vendor relationship managers to ensure that utilization is in line with current contracts.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Work effectively with the Digital Leadership Team, peers and Local business areas.
- Drive collaboration and effective communication within Digital for self and Performance and Resources Enablement team.
- Effective leadership of direct reports, providing clear direction whilst motivating and coaching for continuous development.
- Contribute to Digital Performance and Resources Enablement goals being identified, communicated, documented, agreed and delivered in the most cost effective manner.
- Develop partnerships with internal stakeholders to ensure reporting, budget management and resource planning are accurately delivered and measured
- Identifying key risks, issues and interdependencies and providing appropriate mitigation strategies for resource or governance processes
- Supporting audit or independent programme assessments as required
- Seek opportunities for best in class service and reduction in operating expenses through automation, standardization, and exceptional service delivery.
- Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with Company and regulatory standards, policies and practices, report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with a working knowledge of analysis tools such as Excel
- Experiencing of managing teams direct or indirect reports is preferred, but strong stakeholder management, including the ability to negotiate and influence is essential.
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work with complex data from a variety of sources, and to operate effectively where data is ambiguous or incomplete.
- Excellent understanding of project methodology, frameworks and best practice, with experience of presenting key information to senior management.
- Working knowledge of resource planning within a transformation role.
- Subject Matter Expertise for Digital transformation, including technical, commercial, market place and customer considerations.
- Experience of operational planning or management, understanding resource requirements in order to fulfil project delivery.
- Strong commercial focus, ability to balance risks versus rewards and maximize cost effectiveness and profitability for the business.
- Strong negotiation and relationship skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities.
- Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments, understand the implications and communicate these effectively.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues.
- Be innovative with the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across multiple regions spanning our global footprint.
- High levels of resilience and self-motivation.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000CBHB
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited