Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Sub Editor.
In this role, you will
- Lead User Experience and Design as well as the wider Digital teams by creating clear, elegant English with suitable communication for international audiences from a variety of backgrounds, for all devices supported by the global operation.
- Support production of high quality and accurate copy across print, digital and social channels.
- Support production of marketing and service related digital messaging working within rigid restrictions and guidelines.
- Optimise and reconfigure existing internal and external communications to adhere to UX best practice.
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach to execute change at pace with minimum conflict.
- Be an effective team player through communication, performance management, development plans and reward and recognition practices.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement in customer experience and functionality deployment
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- People experience in customer focused organizations, in disciplines such as Digital, Design or product management, with leadership skills motivating and inspiring others to excel
- English copywriting qualifications or equivalent
- Experience of User Centred Design methodology and its practical implementation
- Expert in best practice when writing for the web
- Understanding of user experience and web best practice
- Experienced in multi channel content creation
- Familiar with the use of prototyping tools, basic Photoshop skills and word processing software
- Subject matter expertise of channel, including technical, commercial, marketplace and customer considerations
- Able to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues
- Good relationship management skills to satisfy a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Good time management and prioritisation of projects and tasks
- Experience working with agencies, particularly for usability testing
- High levels of resilience and self motivation.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AZ07
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited