Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Digital Transformation Manager.
In this role, you will
- Manage projects related to digital transformation for Finance processes.
- Keep in touch with new developments in technology and digital transformation in the industry and keep internal stakeholders updated on relevant new trends in the industry applicable to Finance.
- Using knowledge and experience of Finance to be able to understand Finance processes and the challenges specific to HSBC Finance.
- Assess and propose options available for digital transformation to Global Process owners and stakeholders based on requirements including objectives to make processes controlled, automated and faster.
- Develop end to end projects around digital transformation, starting from understanding needs, assessing and proposing choices, making a business case, identification and agreement of scope of application and driving implementation to check results against clearly drawn out acceptance criteria.
- Conceptualise roll out of plans of successful proof of concepts to a larger commercial scale.
- Drive implementation of large scale digital transformation work streams, examples will include robotics, machine learning, visualisation, natural language generation.
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with all stakeholders, including external stakeholders to HSBC.
- Continuous review of issues to ensure timely resolution.
- Developing analytical skills within the team to deal with difficult situations and encourage a solution oriented approach.
- Managing accurate, timely and effective delivery of governance mechanisms and related reports on initiatives.
- Investigating any risks or issues and implementing a resolution plan.
- Adherence to Group policies, audit, controls, and compliance requirements including but not limited to declaration of secrecy, data protection act, health, safety and security, clear desk policy.
- Validation of progress made on transformation initiatives and change projects.
- To continually assess the operational risks inherent in processes, taking account of changing operating procedures, staff movements, legal and regulatory requirements, management restructures, and the impact of new technology.
- Effectively drive and manage change initiatives.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Qualified Accountant or other relevant qualification.
- Demonstrable experience in Finance and Change Management.
- Experience of working within a regulated bank environment.
- Experience of leading or supporting a digital transformation initiative on Finance processes. Examples could include Robotics, Visualisation, Machine Learning, Natural Language Generation.
- Possess strong analytical and lateral thinking skills.
- Experience in leading and supporting large change and transformation programme, in banking financial services.
- Experience managing, negotiating and influencing senior business relationships.
- Ability to drive change and deliver creative and flexible customer solutions related to digital transformation.
- Keen understanding of Finance processes and their objectives.
- Strong navigating skills to be able to conceptualize initiatives based on very little information or heads up.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Good team player, ability to successfully interact and influence with internal stakeholders in service delivery teams.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AWL0
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited