Director of eCommerce will manage the global ecommerce business and deliver sales for a luxury skincare brand, which includes E-commerce, Core and Branding Sites, as well as all retailer web sites where the brand's products are sold.
This person will be responsible for online marketing, merchandising, user experience, product development, and site operations. The Director will oversee a team responsible for the day-to-day online operations relating to ecommerce with oversight responsibility for operating metrics and key performance drivers such as conversion, qualified traffic and opt-ins, new buyers, repeat buyers, sales, average order and units per order
Strategy and Sales Goals
1. Build seasonal ecommerce strategy and ensure all projects support the brand strategy and contribute to brand .com and reatailer .com growth
2. Lead business analysis of all programs and establish programs to drive continuous improvement
3. Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to bridge gaps in business objectives and push business forward.
4. Provide leadership and direction to a team on all aspects of the brand online and effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects.
5. Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency.
1. Oversee budget for key programs (Program development, Promotions, Retailers sites, Email and Marketing, Search and Affiliate) to maximize opportunities and ROI.
2. Manage daily sales calendar and monthly sales forecasting.
3. Support Vice President with analysis of key business metrics and site performance.
4. Calculate ROI for each program and make recommendations based on results to increase sales, opt-ins, Average Order Size (AOS), Average Unit Sale (AUS), and repeat purchases.
5. Communicate reporting and analysis with key stakeholders to share pertinent leanings.
Onsite Marketing & Promotions
1. Develop and implement the seasonal online marketing calendars to marry the offline marketing initiatives. Create online only content and events throughout the seasons which enable a best of breed experience for the consumer while meeting/exceeding the weekly sales plan. Develop and manage the advertising and promotions budget for all such programs. Lead team in executing seasonal vision from concept to launch.
2. Promote and execute best of breed online user experience methodologies that drive engagement and conversion.
3. Promote and execute quality assurance testing in order to minimize customer service issues and time to market.
4. Execute all legal elements - negotiations, contracts, etc.
5. Work with Brand Operations to take advantage of cost efficiencies for marketing and promotional programs. Oversee all promotional product forecasts.
6. Work closely with Marketing, Public Relations, Special Events and Sales to optimize offline advertising and partner relationships in order to drive online awareness and increase opt-ins and revenue.
7. Partner with Online Inventory Planning to maintain appropriate sell through and merchandising of limited life items and forecasting of new product launches.
Retention and Acquisition Marketing
1. Oversee email marketing and acquisition marketing programs and communication strategy.
2. Ensure online marketing strategy support overall website and brand strategy.
3. Approve email calendar and segmentation.
4. Responsible for SEM, SEO, Affiliate, and re-messaging programs.
5. Develop new acquisition programs to drive awareness, engagement, and new customers to official website.
6. Forecast and deliver on volume, costs, and revenue targets for all acquisition programs.
Oversee total retailer .com business and relationships where all the brand's products are sold.
Develop strategy to drive retailer sales and marketing programs to support the online and brand strategy.
Work with retailer to continuously improve the branded customer experience.
Integration with Brand Digital Marketing Programs
Oversee and support integration for Brand Digital Marketing programs
Collaborate and lead brand digital marketing initiatives and integration to main site
Oversee planning & support for optimal site exposure to elevate program for best interaction and consumer engagement
Provide guidance as needed on special projects and site features to build brand awareness or support external web programs