We have an opportunity to make a difference in your career. We invite applications for the position of:
Director of Finance, Shared Services Centre – Wharf Hotels Corporate Office
Are innovations and process improvement some of your core strengths and interests? If so, we may have the right opportunity for you!
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Wharf Hotels is the hotel management company for Niccolo and Marco Polo Hotels. The expanding hotel group is seeking a Director of Finance, Shared Services Centre at the corporate office in Hong Kong. Assisting the Vice President Finance & Business Development and the Group Director Finance, the Associate will be responsible including but not limited to:
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Oversees the development and maintenance of Shared Services Centre that produces results at the highest efficiency levels in the most cost conscious manner in support of company directives.
• Performs analytical review of information provided to Accounting used for journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and external financial reporting.
• Serves as Shared Service business advisor on corporate initiatives that impact this role’s area of responsibility.
• Establishes and maintains key performance indicators (KPIs) related to continuous improvement, including those that demonstrate an optimal and achievable plan.
• Approves proposed efficiency efforts that best support the Shared Services departmental goals.
• Directs the Shared Services Centre in review of newly implemented processes to ensure they maintain a high level of performance while continuously improving and refining to meet departmental initiatives.
• Contributes to a team environment that is focused on high performance and operational excellence.
• Directs Associates including recruitment, training and coaching, motivating, setting goals, career development, evaluating performance and planning of work assignments.
• Provides education and coaching on technical concepts for all Shared Services associates.
• Implements cost effective automation throughout the Shared Service Function.
• Degree in Finance, Accounting and recognized professional accounting designation
• Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in the Hotel Director of Finance position or prior Shared Service office leading role
• Good understanding of Hotel operations and sound business acumen
• Strong leadership skill with excellent team spirit
• Good command of spoken and written English, Cantonese and Mandarin
• Familiar with integrated accounting system and strong IT system sense
• Detail minded and yet creative
• Adapt to changes and open minded
• Willing to take the extra step and relish new challenges
We offer excellent career development opportunities. If you are interested in the position, please apply with your full resume and expected salary. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about Wharf Hotels, please visit our website www.wharfhotels.com.
Equal opportunities are extended to all candidates and the information provided will be used for the consideration of your application in the hotel group. All personal data collected will be for recruitment purposes only. If you do not hear from us within six weeks of your application, you may consider your application unsuccessful at which time your personal data will be deleted accordingly.