Reporting to the Chief Meter Engineer, the appointee will mainly perform the following responsibilities:
- To lead a team of staff to handle metering installation works including conducting site survey for metering system design and installation, and commissioning and maintenance of tariff meter installations
- To perform technical assignments such as evaluation, assembly and testing of meter reading equipment and meter panels, and management of stock materials
- To support the technical and software development relating to metering systems
- To assist in preparing tender specifications and reports
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related disciplines with qualifications leading to Corporate Membership of HKIE
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in metering technologies, ISO quality management systems, assets management, IT systems development or programming
- Familiar with metering and metrology principles and systems design
- Good knowledge of the Supply Rules, the Electricity Ordinance, and Code of Practice for the Electricity (Wiring) Regulations and other related legislations
- Holder of a valid Construction Workers Registration Card as a Skilled Worker (Electrical Fitter) and valid driving license for Classes 1 and 2 preferred
Work location: North Point
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with details of qualification, experience, present and expected salaries, and contact number (in PDF format) to the Senior Manager (Human Resources Services), The Hongkong Electric Co., Ltd. at [via CTgoodjobs Apply Now ] on or before 24 July 2018 and quote the reference number in your application. Please also visit our website to know more about our Company http://www.hkelectric.com.
Important: To facilitate our easy tracking, please use a unique file name for all attachments and your email subject box in this format: CS-MT-EII-CT-Last Name First Name Other Names (if applicable)
Applicants not invited for interview within one month from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for six months after the date of this advertisement.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be treated in strictest confidence and used only for recruitment-related purposes in accordance with the laws and ordinance of the HKSAR.