Under general supervision, manages execution and timely completion of engineering projects by analyzing project scope and determining project specifications, establishing test programs for product investigations, analyzing test programs for adequacy and sequence, examining samples for compliance with UL requirements, and preparing reports for clients. Assists in the development of UL requirements, test methods, and test equipment. May exercise Project Handler Signature Authority as Project Handler of record responsible for opening, maintenance, completion, and closing of assigned new work engineering projects. May exercise Review Signature Authority as assigned as Reviewer of record responsible for initial review, status review, and final technical review of all new work engineering projects.
- Determines project scope, develops a preliminary plan of investigation, and determines project specifications such as cost, time, and sample requirements by analyzing client input, available supplemental data, and product construction. Projects may include travel to conduct or witness tests at client sites.
- Initiates communication with clients to promote and explain the benefits of new and existing services. Follows up on contacts from clients. Communicates with clients to discuss technical issues, explain UL procedures and requirements, convey project cost, and negotiate completion date and sample requirements. Acts to address client concerns and to resolve client issues. Provides technical assistance to clients in reference to product inspection and follow-up services.
- Establishes appropriate test programs by reviewing files and manufacturer's information, examining samples, and applying UL requirements. Is familiar with applicable standards, company manuals and appropriate technical literature. Examines samples for compliance with UL requirements and notifies client of any areas in which the product is not in compliance or of any changes in project scope or specifications.
- Coordinates laboratory activities by preparing data sheets and instructions to technicians, scheduling and reviewing work of laboratory technicians and engineering assistants, and establishing completion dates. Coordinates administrative aspects of project management. May serve as Project Handler of record and/or Reviewer of record as assigned.
- Communicates project status and results to clients through frequent contact and by preparing reports. Prepares Follow-Up Service Procedures and information pages.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Resolves engineering issues associated with Variation Notices by analyzing and reporting on the acceptability of the variations.
- Assists in the development of UL requirements. Assists in developing special test methods and test equipment. Analyzes test program for adequacy and sequence. May coordinate and/or perform File Reviews, as directed. May represent UL at industry related functions such as seminars and trade shows.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
- University Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Mechainical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry or Physics.
- Minimum 1 year working experience will be preferred.
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Friendly environment and collaborative colleagues
- Casual dress code
- Training and Development (provided by Talent & ULU)
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit our company pagewww.UL.com
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.