The Technological and Higher Education Institute (THEi) offers over 20 innovative degree programmes that are vocationally oriented and developed with significant industry input through three faculties - Faculty of Design and Environment, Faculty of Management and Hospitality, and Faculty of Science and Technology. All the programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, and most are also accredited by the relevant professional bodies. At present, seven programmes are in the Government’s Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (SSSDP), which provides subsidies to students varying from $40,000 to $70,000 per year. For more information about our Institute, please visit https://www.thei.edu.hk.
(a) To provide clerical and general administrative support in the following areas:
(i) accounting and book-keeping; and
(ii) supplies and stores administration;
(b) To draft simple correspondence;
(c) To assist in the compilation of management reports and statistics;
(d) To handle enquiries; and
(e) To perform other ad hoc tasks as assigned.
(a) (i) 5 subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) at Grade E/ Level 2 or above including English Language (Syllabus B)*, Chinese Language and Mathematics, or equivalent; OR
(ii) A combination of results in 5 subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination at Level 2 or above in New Senior Secondary subjects / “Attained" or above in Applied Learning subjects / Grade E or above in Other Language subjects, and the 5 subjects should include English Language*, Chinese Language and Mathematics; OR
(iii) A recognised Certificate / Diploma / Foundation Diploma / Foundation Certificate, or Project Yi Jin;
* Completion of Hong Kong Vocational English Programme (HKVEP) at Level 2 / passing 5 specific VTC’s Vocational English Module Certificates is considered an alternative qualification.
(b) Proficiency in the use of computer software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Chinese word processing;
(c) Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
(d) Ability to work independently and be a good team player; and
(e) Relevant work experience in accounting will be a definite advantage.
(1) Candidates may be appointed on temporary terms of employment.
(2) Applicants without the academic qualifications required but have completed Form 5 or equivalent may be considered for appointment as Executive Assistant III.
(3) Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a Computer Skills Test including MS Word, Chinese word processing (Cangjie (倉頡) or Quick (速成)) and MS Excel.
(4) The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
(5) The appointee will work on Chai Wan campus.
(6) Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements in the past 6 months need not re-apply.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with full curriculum vitae, should be sent to The Registry, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, 14/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to email@example.com. Please specify on the envelope, or in the subject of the e-mail, whichever is appropriate, the reference of the post being applied for.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of points (1) – (4) below:
(1) Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
(2) Attachment(s) to the application by email should be saved with names as
(a) VTC1-FO-EAII-III-"your surname and given name", e.g. “VTC1-FO-EAII-III-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
(b) CV-FO-EAII-III-“your surname and given name", e.g. “CV-FO-EAII-III-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
(3) For the email subject, please cite “Application for the Post of Executive Assistant II/III (Ref. No.: O/THEi-FO/EA_II_III/04/18)".
(4) Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Closing date for application: 17 May 2018
The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||O/THEi-FO/EA_II_III/04/18 (CT3114139-01#0159)|
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi), a member institution of the Vocational Training Council, is established for the advancement, promotion and development of education suited to the developing needs of Hong Kong. THEi provides quality self-financed programmes with a strong vocational orientation at degree and above levels and admitted its first cohort of students in September 2012. It comprises the Faculty of Design, the Faculty of Management & Hospitality, the Faculty of Science & Technology, and a Department of General Education.
Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong