Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong
Department / Section : Learning Commons
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi) offers over 20 innovative degree programmes that are vocationally oriented and developed with significant industry input. All the programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, and most are also accredited by the relevant professional bodies. In 2018/19 AY, twelve programmes are included in the Government’s Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors (SSSDP), which provides subsidies to students varying from $41,000 to $71,700 per year. For more information about our Institute, please visit https://www.thei.edu.hk.
(a) To provide circulation and information counter services;
(b) To handle the inter-library loan services among THEi campuses, VTC campuses and other organisations if required;
(c) To perform book shelving, shelf-reading and book removal if necessary;
(d) To provide support in processing different types of materials, including books, periodicals and multi-media items;
(e) To assist in cataloguing, acquisition and serial management for library materials;
(f) To assist in updating the imaging databases and preparing the library monthly statistics;
(g) To check the maintenance service for equipment and update the inventory record regularly; and
(h) To answer general enquiries and carry out library and general clerical duties.
(a) (i) 5 subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) at Grade E/ Level 2 or above including English Language (Syllabus B)*, Chinese Language and Mathematics, or equivalent; OR
(ii) A combination of results in 5 subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination at Level 2 or above in New Senior Secondary subjects / “Attained" or above in Applied Learning subjects / Grade E or above in Other Language subjects, and the 5 subjects should include English Language*, Chinese Language and Mathematics; OR
(iii) A recognised Certificate / Diploma / Foundation Diploma / Foundation Certificate, or Project Yi Jin;
* Completion of Hong Kong Vocational English Programme (HKVEP) at Level 2 / passing 5 specific VTC’s Vocational English Module Certificates is considered an alternative qualification.
(b) Proficiency in computer software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Chinese word processing;
(c) Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills;
(d) Ability to work independently and be a good team player; and
(e) Good work initiative and preferably with some library experience or qualifications in librarianship.
(1) Candidates may be appointed on temporary terms of employment.
(2) Applicants without the academic qualifications required but have completed Form 5 or equivalent may be considered for the post of Executive Assistant III.
(3) Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend a Computer Skills Test including MS Word, Chinese word processing (Cangjie (倉頡) or Quick (速成)) and MS Excel.
(4) The appointee will be required to work irregular hours or shifts and perform duties on Saturdays and Sundays as necessary.
(5) The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with full curriculum vitae, should be sent to The Registry, Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong, 14/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong. Please specify on the envelope the reference of the post.
Candidates who would like to submit their applications through email are requested to take note of followings:
(1) Please cite “Application for the Post of Executive Assistant II/III, LC (Ref. No.: O/THEi-LC/EAII_III/02/19)" as the email subject;
(2) Completed application form (with file name as ‘VTC1-LC-EAII_III-applicant’s name’) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) (with file name as ‘CV-LC-EAII_III-applicant’s name’) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB.
Closing date for application: 25 February 2019
The Institute reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.
|Job ref no.||O/THEi-LC/EAII_III/02/19 (CT3119783-01#0100)|
The Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (THEi), a member institution of the Vocational Training Council, is established for the advancement, promotion and development of education suited to the developing needs of Hong Kong. THEi provides quality self-financed programmes with a strong vocational orientation at degree and above levels and admitted its first cohort of students in September 2012. It comprises the Faculty of Design, the Faculty of Management & Hospitality, the Faculty of Science & Technology, and a Department of General Education.