Decision support and business partnering (50%)
- Provide country management team effective management reporting, analysis, and insights.
- Prepare financial analysis and evaluation of business results to support and influence resource allocation alternatives / proposals, investment and commercial decisions.
- Attend local/regional business reviews with country manager.
- Provide analytical commentary of results versus budget and forecast, highlighting trends and variances and assist management in the formulation of action plans to correct deviations.
- Lead and coordinate the development of strategic and annual business plans and budgets as well as periodic forecasting processes.
- Develop financial outlooks and estimates to assist management in identifying risks and opportunities in achieving quarterly and annual objectives, including contingency planning to ensure Operating Income objectives are achieved.
- Support business development and alliance management activities.
- Effectively manage across local and global functions and develop strong working relationships.
Accounting, statutory reporting, tax, corporate governance (25%)
- Coordinate and supervise all accounting, statutory and tax activities in compliance with local regulations, US GAAP, and company policies.
Manage the day-to-day running of the general accounting function.
Coordinate the month-end accounting close process in order to provide timely and accurate financial reports for internal and external users.
Coordinate analyses of general ledger on a monthly basis in order to ensure the integrity of data and financial reporting, ensuring timely reconciliations and follow-up / resolutions of outstanding items/ balances.
Liaise with regional / international finance and corporate groups and ensure the flow of information is smooth and accurate, implementing efficient and well controlled processes.
Responsible for statutory reporting and legal functions, including records of shareholders minutes.
- Develop and communicate local timelines that meet local, regional, and global calendar.
- Work in partnership with local support functions as well as regional / international finance, including Corporate Finance, Finance Operations, International Office Finance, Finance Shared Service Center (FSSC), International Tax, International Treasury, etc.
- Maintain adequate communication flow with external parties (accounting auditors, board of auditors, tax advisors, government authorities).
- Tax planning and administration:
Coordinates / prepares all local and national tax, customs and industry body declarations and payments.
Works closely with international / corporate finance teams and external advisors in the compliance and optimization of the company’s tax position.
Responsible for indirect tax reporting.
Coordinate and document refund requests for the local tax administration.
- Provide full assistance to both internal and external auditors in order to ensure accomplishment of their mission.
Legal & Compliance support (10%)
- Provide legal support to International legal team and local colleagues on extra judicial, judicial activities and contracts; act as main local interface with external counsel.
- Responsible for conducting activities on behalf of the company consistent with a high standard of business ethics and in compliance with the laws and regulations that govern our activities.
- Takes personal responsibility for and demonstrates a high level of understanding of and adherence to the applicable internal policies, including but not limited to our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and other policies applicable to your job, and external laws and regulations governing your activities.
- Exhibits high business ethics standard in dealing with internal and external stakeholders, including dealing with others honestly and openly, showing accountability, being reliable and trustworthy and being loyal to the company.
- Completes all required compliance and ethics related training within required timelines.
- Encourages a high level of understanding of and adherence to compliance and ethics amongst colleagues and third parties.
- Fully co-operates in any internal and external audits, investigations and inspections.
- Ensure department Compliance.
- Implement internal audit recommendations.
- Provide training to local management team.
Working capital management (5%)
- Accounts receivable management, working with local resources, commercial leaders, and FSSC to achieve timely collections and company DSO targets.
- Provide adequate support for public hospitals and private clinics linked to public debt.
- Maximize and monitor all aspects of working capital including cash, DSO, DOH, DPO, etc.
Team management (10%)
- Recruit, develop, and retain financial talent.
- Lead and engage employees, providing clear expectations and support.
- Prioritize team activities and delegate tasks to appropriate levels of organization.
- Ensure capabilities and capacity exist to support requirements.
- Focus on coaching and development planning to ensure employees can reach their highest potential.
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree in business, particularly Accounting / Finance / Admin, MBA desired.
- CPA or similar accounting certification required.
- Five years of experience in similar role in a subsidiary of an international corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and to work across boundaries.
- Experience in financial planning, accounting, cost accounting and principles of taxation.
- Cross-functional analytical skills to assist and influence senior management decision making.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at senior management level.
- Ability to work in both local and English languages.
Interested parties please send your full resume (MS Word document), including expected salary and contact number by clicking Apply Now to submit your application.
All applications applied through our system will be delivered directly to the advertiser and privacy of personal data of the applicant will be ensured with security.
|Job ref no.||CT3117036-01#4931|
Actavis A leading global generics business, a premier pipeline, highly efficient operations and an experienced management team creating an unrivaled foundation for long-term growth . New medicines developed that address unmet medical needs in critical therapeutic areas, as well as increasing global access to high-quality, affordable medicines.